AutoSketch

pbyrnej
Message 1 of 3 (653 Views)

NEED TO TONE DOWN SNAP - CAN'T TRACE

653 Views, 2 Replies
11-29-2012 10:38 PM

Whenever I insert an image into autodesk, I send it to it's own layer and lock it. But when I go back to layer one and start drawing the snap will default 100% to the image edges/corners and never right over the image. This makes drawing very trickey and SLOW!

Years back I traced within AutoCAD 2008 and I NEVER had this issue. Please tell me how I could tone down the snap or make the image visible but completely ignored by snap.

Thank you very much,

pbyrne

Mentor
StevenMac
Message 2 of 3 (651 Views)

Re: NEED TO TONE DOWN SNAP - CAN'T TRACE

11-30-2012 02:12 AM in reply to: pbyrnej

It's a shame you can't define the boundary of the cursor. I use a combination of hide layer and disable snap settings - what else can you do...

pbyrnej
Message 3 of 3 (639 Views)

Re: NEED TO TONE DOWN SNAP - CAN'T TRACE

11-30-2012 11:10 PM in reply to: StevenMac

I wish Autodesk would release an update for AutoSketch 10, to correct this. IMO if a layer is locked it shouldn't be interacted with at all.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!