AutoSketch

dlindberg
Message 1 of 3 (770 Views)
Accepted Solution

Moving to the cloud?

770 Views, 2 Replies
04-20-2013 01:06 PM

Greetings,

I've been using AutoSketch for many years now and have a number of woodworking projects I've designed with this tool.  I'm currently getting rid of my PC and am moving all my stuff to the cloud.  Is AutoSketch planning on releasing a web version of this tool at some point? 

Thanks -- Dan'l

no hints or rumors or official announcements yet, so probably not anytime soon.
Which "cloud" are you moving to that will replace your PC? What kind of work do you do (if I may ask)?
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (744 Views)

Re: Moving to the cloud?

04-25-2013 09:57 AM in reply to: dlindberg
no hints or rumors or official announcements yet, so probably not anytime soon.
Which "cloud" are you moving to that will replace your PC? What kind of work do you do (if I may ask)?
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
dlindberg
Message 3 of 3 (741 Views)

Re: Moving to the cloud?

04-25-2013 10:10 AM in reply to: pendean

Thanks.  I've picked Azure.  For now, I've just created a VM on my Azure instance, installed AutoSketch there, and copied all my existing drawings to it.  At least i'll have access to it via remote desktop from anywhere.  

I'm a software architect/engineer who would rather be building furniture in my shop :smileyhappy:.  Actually, I love what I do.  The cloud stuff is getting safer and more robust.  Since my current hardware is 10+ years old and beginning to show signs of failing, i thought i'd go with some of the latest technology.  

Dan'l

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.