Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying and creating symbols

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JimBenson
1247 Views, 1 Reply

Modifying and creating symbols

I just purchased Autosketch 10 primarily to create floor plans, after trying other programs that did not suit my purposes.

I think that I will be able to figure out what I need to do between the tutorials and Autosketch 9 manual that I received, but I cannot find, either in the manual, or in the help part of the program, information on how to create or modify symbols.

I know that I will need to do this with both double hung (and other) windows, and kitchen counter tops.

How do I modify these symbols to the sizes I need?

And then how do I save them for future use?

Thanks for any help.

Jim Benson
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
000jdi
in reply to: JimBenson

Hi Jim

See pic, basically you need to turn on the content librarian, right click in a existing tool bar area. Check content librarian.

The item 1 in the picture opens the explorer, where you can see all the libraries already with the program, and you can also add a new library here.

Item 2 is the buttons to create, insert, edit fields of symbols.

Symbols can be created by selecting the items you want, click the create symbol button, and follow the dialogs.

You can change a symbol and do the same as above to create and use the smae name and the symbol will be updated in the library.

You can drag the symbols in and scale or rotate them as needed, i would do the scaling in the properties box, or with the scale tool.
The tool bar that activates at the top when you select a symbols will scale or rotate all symbols based on the numbers in this toolbar so be careful.

Try that and ask more questions.

Regards

Jason

Regards
Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report