Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Fonts for Autosketch 9

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JohnLMiller
747 Views, 3 Replies

Missing Fonts for Autosketch 9

I just had to do a full reinstall of WinXP. When I now attempt to reinstall Autosketch 9, there are some (probably many) fonts missing. The first was technic_.ttf, which I located and installed. Next was mtproxy2.ttf, which I haven't been able to find. I'm sure there will be many more. Does anyone know where I can obtain them?

Thanks.

- John
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Fred9002
in reply to: JohnLMiller

I noticed that nobody answered.

Not 100% sure I'm right, but this is what I think: Your fonts should be in / are in / are missing from Windows, not for AutoSketch. So your question is really where does one find those particular fonts for Windows. The would be just a general Google search.
Message 3 of 4
000jdi

Hi John

When you reinstall it won't install AS because its asking for fonts? Do you get an error message or prompt? I am not sure if you need particular fonts to be installed, The second font you mention I do not have on my computer... Can you just skip installing the fonts or it won't install?

Regards

Jason
Regards
Jason
Message 4 of 4
JohnLMiller

Thanks for the replies. I resolved the problem, although in a highly unorthodox way.

Autosketch wouldn't install, complaining about the missing fonts. I could have skipped them, but that would have resulted in reduced flexibility within Autosketch.

Examining my Windows\Fonts folder revealed that several font files were listed as zero-length, and several others had slightly incorrect names. I copied the folder's contents to another folder. By doing so, the "special treatment" of the font files was eliminated in the second folder. All of the copied font files looked normal and properly named. I then deleted all of the fonts that I could form the original font folder, then copied them back from the second folder. Everything is normal now.

Hopefully, this is an isolated issue. I'd not like to think that something else nasty is lurking in the wings.

- John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report