Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marker Point - Can't Use "Basepoint Snap"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pdr0663
367 Views, 1 Reply

Marker Point - Can't Use "Basepoint Snap"

I'm a new user of Autosketch at home, having used AutoCAD and Inventor at work. The different user interfaces take some getting used to, but they seem to be workable.

One problem I can't resolve, is snapping to a Marker Point, when drawing. The help notes for a Marker Point say that it has a Basepoint property, however I can't snap to that Basepoint using Basepoint Snap. Basepoint Snap works fine for other inserted symbols.

Is there something I need to turn on, or is this just not possible. If not possible, what is the use of Marker Points?

Regards, Paul
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Fred9002
in reply to: pdr0663

Maybe there is someone else that understands the usefulness of marker points more than I do, but I seldom use them for just the reason that you describe.

It appears that the only snap that goes to them in "nearest" which I find to be too "inclusive" (ambiguous) to be useful. Or you can explode those marker points which have styles which involve lines that cross at the "point" and then use an intersection snap. Which I find to be too much work to be useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report