AutoSketch

AutoSketch

pdr0663
Message 1 of 2 (153 Views)

Marker Point - Can't Use "Basepoint Snap"

153 Views, 1 Replies
01-04-2010 11:27 PM
I'm a new user of Autosketch at home, having used AutoCAD and Inventor at work. The different user interfaces take some getting used to, but they seem to be workable.

One problem I can't resolve, is snapping to a Marker Point, when drawing. The help notes for a Marker Point say that it has a Basepoint property, however I can't snap to that Basepoint using Basepoint Snap. Basepoint Snap works fine for other inserted symbols.

Is there something I need to turn on, or is this just not possible. If not possible, what is the use of Marker Points?

Regards, Paul
Distinguished Contributor
Fred9002
Message 2 of 2 (153 Views)

Re: Marker Point - Can't Use "Basepoint Snap"

01-05-2010 06:09 AM in reply to: pdr0663
Maybe there is someone else that understands the usefulness of marker points more than I do, but I seldom use them for just the reason that you describe.

It appears that the only snap that goes to them in "nearest" which I find to be too "inclusive" (ambiguous) to be useful. Or you can explode those marker points which have styles which involve lines that cross at the "point" and then use an intersection snap. Which I find to be too much work to be useful.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.