Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Curves and Lines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Xfieldok
2449 Views, 3 Replies

Joining Curves and Lines

I am getting in a muddle with lines and curves.  I created a curve which looked satisfactory.  I wanted to join this to the end of a horizontal line beneath it.  I could only do this by converting it and the curve turned jagged.  The join did not meet the two objects but overlapped.

What short of curve should I be using so that the curve stays a curve instead of converting to this jagged curve.  Am I right using the fitted curve?  Should I use the spline?

I have attached the file if it helps, it is in png format as it won't let me attach skf.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Fred9002
in reply to: Xfieldok

Possibly you might need to clarify to us (and maybe yourself0 exactly what you mean by join / exactly what you want to do.  .  You mentioned that the corners overlap; that means that the endpoints of your two entities are in two different locations.   If you mean to have them become one continuous like, then you will have to do something about the "different locaitons": issue.   Like move one of them until their end points coincide, or trim them or whatever.    

Maybe that's a start.

Sincerely,.

Fred

Message 3 of 4
StevenMac
in reply to: Fred9002

I also don't quite understand your post, but I'll give it a try.

Try zipping your file for upload (7zip is free I believe).

Don't convert curves to poly lines as it will segment - turn jagged.

If you double click a p-line or spline you'll be able to drag 'handles' around to reposition your curve. You can drag an endpoint and snap it to another line if you want.

You can also use the 'translate' tool to move an entire curve in one go (EDIT > TRANSFORM > TRANSLATE).

Message 4 of 4
Xfieldok
in reply to: StevenMac

Apologies, I was called away.

You are correct Fred, I have no idea what I am doing!  Thank you Steve, I will play around with what you suggested and if I am still stuck I will repost.

Happy holidays to all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report