AutoSketch
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grip points, control boxes, base point - Disappearing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
358 Views, 4 Replies

Grip points, control boxes, base point - Disappearing?

I am using AutoSketch 8 (with a few added macros) on Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3. I have been using this setup for years and have just come across a new problem. I was working away when, for some reason all of the control boxes or 'grip points' just disappeared? All icons that appear around the selected entity have vanished, including the green boxes, green triangles, blue rotating arrow, grey outlines, everything. Also when I select text to edit, as soon as I zoom in the text disappears. All snap points have gone as well. When the drawing is first opened, all the points are there but as soon as I pan or zoom everything goes. Everything is still there and still works it is just invisible and makes it almost impossible to work with. I have included an image showing what is happening as it is hard to explain. I have tried everything I can think of with no luck. The next step is to reinstall, however as I have customised AutoSketch a fair bit this will be a major pain for me. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Fred9002
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't have an answer other than the usual technician/narrowing down questions/thoughts:

- There was probably an event which triggered this. What event coincided with it going south. (e.g. remote tampering ["OS update"] with your PC by Microsoft?) Any display related hardware, software or settings changes?

- Does the problem go with a particular drawing? I.E. does it still occur when you make a new drawing? Does it still occur when you bring up a different older drawing?

Does a similar problem occur with any other applications on that PC?

Does putting a different monitor on the PC solve it?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. It happens on all drawings (old drawings as well a newly created drawings). I have AS8 and AS9 and it is only happening when I open drawings through AS8. Some updates did occur but not for several hours after the issue came about. Unfortunately I don't have a spare monitor to try. I haven't noticed any other programs acting differently. I have also tried using the repair feature on the installation disc but I didn't have any luck there either. I think I'll have to reinstall as I have to get it up and running again so I don't lose to much productivity. Thanks for your help, if you do think of anything let me know as it may happen again. Cheers.
Message 4 of 5
Fred9002

Sounds like you narrowed it down to a malfunction of AS8.

I'm sure you're way ahead of me regarding your reasons for continuing to use AS8, but but otherwise I would ask why not switch to AS9.

Fred
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Were you able to solve this problem?

I have problems with my Civil 3D 2009.
Point blocks or any blocks with text disappears
whenever I try to move the text grip.
Then I hit REGEN ALL then they come back.
My problem is I have to move a bunch of text
to make things legible, I dont want to hit regen
each time I move text...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report