AutoSketch
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting .dwg or .dxf from Sketch 9 file (.skf)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
r_a_green
504 Views, 0 Replies

Exporting .dwg or .dxf from Sketch 9 file (.skf)

I am experiencing difficulty exporting my Sketch 9 .skf drawings to either .dwg or .dxf.  The converter always changes the scale from feet to feet-inch/fraction and when I attempt to use the .dxf or .dwg files as a layer in ArcView, I cannot overlay the drawing with my existing GIS layers because the scale has been altered.

I also notice that when I save as any other CAD file, and subsequenty reopen my drawing with AutoSketch 9, the drawing is converted back to an .skf file but is no longer in feet, but in feet-inch/fraction.  ArcView apparently views this as some other scale and I cannot get the drawing to overlay with features originally used to create the drawing?

I have been exporting ArcView shapefiles to dxf, opening and drawing on them with Sketch 9 for many years; however, these were always in metric format.  For some reason, this cannot be accomplished in feet?

I need to save my .skf file as either a .dwg or .dxf while retaing the length setting in feet.  Does the converted in Autosketch 10 accomplish this, and or is there a workaround in version 9?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report