Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert SKD files to DWG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Mwpearson
5819 Views, 8 Replies

Convert SKD files to DWG

I would like to know if I purchase AutoSketch 10, can I open an SKD file and save it as a DWG so it can be edited with AutoCAD?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
StevenMac
in reply to: Mwpearson

I've sent you my contact details in PM

Message 3 of 9
Mwpearson
in reply to: StevenMac

Hi Can you help me with my question. Thanks. Mike Pearson Eaton, Electrical Sector 5050 Mainway P. O. Box 5040, Station A Burlington, Ontario, L7L 5Z1 Tel: 905 631-4165
Message 4 of 9
MrWeb

I'm sorry - was there an answer here?

Message 5 of 9
StevenMac
in reply to: MrWeb

Mike you need to find my email address in the private message area.

Look for the envelope icon, up the top-right of the forum

MrWeb I'll send you one too.

Message 6 of 9
sciesielski

Hi!

Same problem here - one of our clients cooperates with Autosketch users, and he receives files in .SKD format. Same question: If he buys Autosketch 10 - will he be able to open .SKD files and save them as .DWG so he can work on them in his AutoCAD?

Trial of Autosketch is not available, right? Nothing have changed here?

Thanks in advance.

Staszek Ciesielski

Message 7 of 9
MrWeb

Well according to StevenMac the answer to this is YES. This does seem to be one of the world’s best kept secrets for some reason.

IF you still have your old version of Autosketch  which produced the .SKD files on an XP PC, you can go to File-Export DXF-save.  The DXF format should open in other programs.

Message 8 of 9
Mwpearson
in reply to: sciesielski

Hello Stasze Yes you can save a skd file as a .dwg in AutoSketch 10 and no there is no trial version. I just got back from holidays, sorry for the late response. Hope this helps. Mike Pearson Eaton, Electrical Sector 5050 Mainway P. O. Box 5040, Station A Burlington, Ontario, L7L 5Z1 Tel: 905 631-4165
Message 9 of 9
Mwpearson
in reply to: MrWeb

The version of AutoSketch we have does not support export to DXF. That was the first thing I thought of, I do not what versions does support the export to dxf. I know AutoSketch 10 can save as .dwg. Mike Pearson Eaton, Electrical Sector 5050 Mainway P. O. Box 5040, Station A Burlington, Ontario, L7L 5Z1 Tel: 905 631-4165

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report