Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert drawings from autosketch 5 to .DWG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1132 Views, 4 Replies

convert drawings from autosketch 5 to .DWG

I have been able to successfully convert my old drawings from Autosketch Release 5 to .DWG.  The purpose of this is to open them into Corel Technical.

The issue i am having is when i open the drawing in Corel, all that shows up is the text from the original autosketch drawing. Any tables or Photos that were inserted into the Autosketch drawing disappear. Is there any way to conver the file to .DWG and keep all the componenets of the original drawing? Any help would be great!

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

How do you know the conversions where successful if you only open them in one program?
Try another DWG capable program, there are many and quite a few are free: then you will know for sure where the problem lies.

You can still buy Autosketch10 if needed.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hello

Here is a brief description of the problem we have when attempting to convert some Autosketch.skf files into an editable Autocad.dwg format.

It is apparent that some Autosketch files (100+) have been apparently produced on the earlier Autosketch ver. 3 of the Autodesksoftware on different Windows platforms and for somereason, these will not convert to editable AutoCad Dwg files.

We currently use Autosketch 10, which will not `Save as’ or convert .skf files into Acad compatible dxf or dwg files.(see attached .doc file)

(Autosketch is apparently no longer supported by Autodesk ?)  

I have also attached a zipped up typical problematic Test.skf file. and also some correspondence from Symetri (IT support-see below) which details our attempts to source a fix.

It would be appreciated if you could attempt to provide a workable solution to this frustrating file conversion problem !

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Autosketch development stopped back when XP was the only new OS you could buy. There has always been a challenge with older versions of AS. I don't know of a fix.
Message 5 of 5
thixoman

hi

send me a file or 2 an will give u option

will have to  convert most if not all of them from original Ver to current program to give you DWG

crosby_a@hotmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report