AutoSketch
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Printer for Autosketch v3 in XP?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Keon
314 Views, 3 Replies

Configure Printer for Autosketch v3 in XP?

I've run DOS version of AS3 on different PC's from Win3.1; Win95 & WinME - all had HP660c printer off LPT ports. However, now with P4 upgraded PC I can load aS3 and get it running for what I need on Win XP(HOME) just fine, but it won't print to my HP Deskjet 5150, running from USB001. In this Discussion Group, I see many others have AS2 & 3 running on XP, with no mentions of printer configuration though. What printer configuration settings are you guys using to print thru a USB port?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Keon

Keon wrote:
> I've run DOS version of AS3 on different PC's from Win3.1; Win95 & WinME - all had HP660c printer off LPT ports. However, now with P4 upgraded PC I can load aS3 and get it running for what I need on Win XP(HOME) just fine, but it won't print to my HP Deskjet 5150, running from USB001. In this Discussion Group, I see many others have AS2 & 3 running on XP, with no mentions of printer configuration though. What printer configuration settings are you guys using to print thru a USB port?

Lessee now. V3 ought to have been about 15 years ago when Drafix had
this little program and then ADSK bought it in 1995 or so, and
subsequently produced six upgrades.

Somehow I'm not surprised that it won't print using an XP operating
system. Updated printer drivers (I'm sure you've done that) may not take
into account programs that old. I'm guessing. But then again, so are you
I think.

A suggestion would be to upgrade your AS software. Couldn't hurt. Except
a bit in your wallet. And you might think about converting the USB 1.0
to 2.0, if that's possible with your machine.

Harvey
Message 3 of 4
Neilds

I have the same problem with AS v.2 on Windows XP and Epson printer on LPT1. Tried to get updated driver, but Epson doesn't have a driver for WinXP
Message 4 of 4
Neilds

Today I reset the line width from hairline to 1/64" Printed just fine, and appeared to be the same line width as what had been printing from hairline. The dimensions were medium grey instead of black, but at least AS2 prints. Printer set on "best" option.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report