AutoSketch
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone confirm if Autosketch will work on Windows 7 please?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
3378 Views, 13 Replies

Can someone confirm if Autosketch will work on Windows 7 please?

We are currently on XP and would like to know if it will work on Win 7 Home Premium or Pro, before upgrading. Thanks in advance if you can help. Edited by: DVNT on Oct 24, 2009 3:34 AM
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I just installed Autosketch 10 on my new computer using Vista Premium and it works well. My Autosketch 9 was unable to open files from the directory. I had to go to them using the open file feature. the only problem so far is that Autosketch 10 on previewing a page it is leaving a 9/16" margin to the right of a landscape page and roughly 1/4" at the bottom forcing me to create a drawing inside the margins that were normally available. On checking it is telling me that my printer is unable to print close to the edges. However when I print from Word 7 there is nno problem printing almost to the edge ???. Still trying to figure it out. Need help.

Andre
-----------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

Why is there no response from Autodesk on this?
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

I have recently upgraded my laptop OS from Vista Home Premium 64-Bit to Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit. AutoSketch 10 will work on Windows 7. However, I have noticed it is much slower to start up then on Vista and also slower at opening files. But, it does work. Hopefully there will be an update patch from AutoDesk to correct the slower performance.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks,
I am doing a trial run of Win 7 Pro 32bit and so far Autosketch 8 is working no problems. I don't think I'll buy another Autodesk product again in the future though.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

I am trying to run AutoSketch9 on Widows 7. Program is behaving strangely. Works fine on old laptop but on new laptop, same commands get different reslults. Can't find anything on Autodesk site about Windows 7.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

I need to know whether or not AS10 will work in Windows 7 as well. About to upgrade entire company.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

I just started using AS9 on Windows 7 in Windows 7 mode (not XP mode) and, so far, it works fine. I've not used AS10, but it should be even more compatible, since a major part of it's design was to "work on Vista".
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

I see the above discussions of AutoSketch 9 & 10 "running under" both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Vista and Windows 7 operating systems...
however my question is:

Does anyone here think that AutoDesk will ever write and if so when will they develop and publish this LowEnd application as 64-bit Software?
Sam Ross - Novato, CA
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

More than likely about the same time hell drops to 32 degrees F. Why would
you need this in 64 bit anyway? I can't think of anytime it would consume
over 2 GB of memory. I have never even approached 1 GB of memory usage when
in AS.

"MrSafety" wrote in message news:6314165@discussion.autodesk.com...
> I see the above discussions of AutoSketch 9 & 10 "running under" both
> 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Vista and Windows 7 operating systems...
> however my question is:
>
> Does anyone here think that AutoDesk will ever write and if so when will
> they develop and publish this LowEnd application as 64-bit Software?
> Sam Ross - Novato, CA
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

You don't actually say but can we assume you're using Win7 64 bit Pro or Ultimate OS?
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

I have had good success running my registered version 9 on both vista and windows 7 platforms.
Just load as usual then go to start and run as - point to the program file and this should run just fine.
I did purchase autosketch version 10 because I really like the product, but I still run Version 9 on my lap top.
Lee
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Nick, I understand where you're coming from but with the advent of Win7 Pro there are more of us choosing to move to a 64 bit platform so it's not so much about how much memory.

In my own situation I would sooner not have to run an XP computer just for AS.
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

I run AS9 on Win 7 with no problems. I think I had a minor one which I fixed (I think by having it rus as administrator)

I imagine AS10 would be even more compatible, as it was made to run on Vista.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report