AutoSketch

ROW_Agent
Message 1 of 3 (500 Views)

Can I import GIS map outlines into AutoSketch 10?

500 Views, 2 Replies
05-13-2013 12:03 PM

Hello All!

I am new to this board and to AutoSketch, which I use to make plats for utility easements.  To speed that process, it would be helpful if I could import from County/City Assessor websites some basic outline information such as roads, rivers, RR tracks, and building outlines.  Is there a way to do this or must I draw all in AutoSketch?

I did my best to search this question in the old threads, but had no success.

Thanks in advance to anybody who is willing to offer guidance.

Regards,

Frank

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (494 Views)

Re: Can I import GIS map outlines into AutoSketch 10?

05-14-2013 10:31 AM in reply to: ROW_Agent
Unless they post files in formats Autosketch can import, there is only the difficult option you note as the alternative.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
craigdoll
Message 3 of 3 (468 Views)

Re: Can I import GIS map outlines into AutoSketch 10?

06-07-2013 12:38 PM in reply to: ROW_Agent

Although i haven't tried it w/ AS, you could try a free open source 3rd party GIS/Mapping program that can open shape files and export DXF like

MicroDEM

QLandkarte GT

Quantum GIS Lisboa

SHP2DXF

may convert, though I have not tried them for that, as I bought GlobalMapper which does that for import into CAD (i use VectorWorks) in world coords

Craig

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.