Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a library in AutoSketch 10

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BDTownsend
1585 Views, 1 Reply

Building a library in AutoSketch 10

I am trying to bring in some symbols from our manufaturer to use in Autosketch 10 and I am having treamendous difficulty in opening them and inserting them into the library.
I started with dwg symbols and the program does not recognize them
I then downloaded svg files for the various symbols and the program does not recognize it, except for the ZIP version whcih can't be opened.

I am now trying to figure out if I need to import them into a library file and how to do that, So far I have had no luck.

Anybody know how to accomplish this, or am I doing something wrong.

thank you,

Brian
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
000jdi
in reply to: BDTownsend

Hi, Brian

How are you trying to bring in the symbols? Can you just open one file directly?
Goto content librarian (right click on tool bar are to toggle on if not open) open the explorer button looks like small window box with dots in.
Once open you can add a new slb symbol library, see pic I attached. Then select your new library then hit the import button an browse to the files you want to add. Change the file drop down to dwg , or whatever you file is. You can select multiple files at once to import. Be careful of units... You can turn on the ask for units when file loads by going to file open chage drop down to dwg and click options button and check the dialog box that says ask when opening.

Regards
Jason
Regards
Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report