Did you mean: 

Bit Maps and Autosketch

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
Joe Robertaccio
517 Views, 27 Replies

Bit Maps and Autosketch

Hi Folks,
I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed in QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal systems. These I hope to post on the Web for all to use.

I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in QuickCAD, but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files with QuickCAD.

My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to properly save these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native bitmap images?

I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers and new engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend trying to make these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this......
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe Robertaccio

Hello Joe, Updating to AS9 will not help you.....nothing much has changed from previous versions. We all know QuickCAD is finished. One must remember that .bmp's/.jpg's are raster images.....all CAD programs are vector. Raster & vector don't talk to each other very well. Nor do raster images scale very well. Raster images require some form of vector tracing for adequate results. You don't describe the bitmaps. Are they constant ie, a logo....??? Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "Joe Robertaccio" wrote in message news:26865767.1093439883843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi Folks, > I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed in QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal systems. These I hope to post on the Web for all to use. > > I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in QuickCAD, but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files with QuickCAD. > > My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to properly save these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native bitmap images? > > I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers and new engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend trying to make these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this......
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous

Hello Embedding bmp and jpg files is something I think is foreign to the base autocrud file types of dwg and dxf. This is why a program as simple as quickcad can be kilometres (miles) in front of the more complex offerings. If you do want to share the files on the internet, try saving them as PDF files. This also stops people mucking around with the layers. Paul. "Joe Robertaccio" wrote in message news:26865767.1093439883843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi Folks, > I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed in QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal systems. These I hope to post on the Web for all to use. > > I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in QuickCAD, but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files with QuickCAD. > > My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to properly save these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native bitmap images? > > I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers and new engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend trying to make these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this......
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous

Hey Paul....good to see you awake, if not alive...!!!! Embedding raster images into vector drawings is always foreign. Besides, QuickCAD is not any distance in front.....we all know it is finished. And thank G.O.D. for that. Perhaps Joe doesn't want to produce his images as .pdf's. Perhaps he wants the layers to be mucked around with. Perhaps .dwf may be the way to go. That's what ADesk reckons anyway....!!!! Cheers, Ric. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "Paul Jackson" wrote in message news:412c9fca$1_2@newsprd01... > Hello > > Embedding bmp and jpg files is something I think is foreign to the base > autocrud file types of dwg and dxf. This is why a program as simple as > quickcad can be kilometres (miles) in front of the more complex offerings. > > If you do want to share the files on the internet, try saving them as PDF > files. This also stops people mucking around with the layers. > > Paul. > > "Joe Robertaccio" wrote in message > news:26865767.1093439883843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Hi Folks, > > I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed in > QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal systems. > These I hope to post on the Web for all to use. > > > > I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in QuickCAD, > but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files with > QuickCAD. > > > > My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to properly save > these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native bitmap > images? > > > > I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers and new > engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend trying to make > these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this...... > >
Message 5 of 28

Thanks for your input. The bit maps are of standard detailes (cross sections, diagrams ect). I think my best bet is to convert these files from raster to vector using some software and a little work. That should shrink the file size and make it all a little more efficient....
Message 6 of 28

I'm not that familiar with PDF files. I am using size "D" (22*34) paper as my setup. My goal is to allow an engineer the freedom to change what he feels he needs to change due to the conditions he finds onsite, while easily producing a professional (and easy to review) plan which is of high quality. Although this is based on New York State Codes, these plans could be used for at least 15 states in the northease and central part of the country with minor modifications.. I'm not shue if the other states use, but probibly t is basically the same.....
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous

So autocad and LT won't embed bitmaps? not very good is it? PJ "Ric Norris" wrote in message news:412ca3f1_1@newsprd01... > Hey Paul....good to see you awake, if not alive...!!!! > > Embedding raster images into vector drawings is always foreign. Besides, > QuickCAD is not any distance in front.....we all know it is finished. And > thank G.O.D. for that. > > Perhaps Joe doesn't want to produce his images as .pdf's. Perhaps he wants > the layers to be mucked around with. Perhaps .dwf may be the way to go. > That's what ADesk reckons anyway....!!!! > > Cheers, > > Ric. > http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings > > > "Paul Jackson" wrote in message > news:412c9fca$1_2@newsprd01... > > Hello > > > > Embedding bmp and jpg files is something I think is foreign to the base > > autocrud file types of dwg and dxf. This is why a program as simple as > > quickcad can be kilometres (miles) in front of the more complex offerings. > > > > If you do want to share the files on the internet, try saving them as PDF > > files. This also stops people mucking around with the layers. > > > > Paul. > > > > "Joe Robertaccio" wrote in message > > news:26865767.1093439883843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > > Hi Folks, > > > I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed in > > QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal systems. > > These I hope to post on the Web for all to use. > > > > > > I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in > QuickCAD, > > but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files with > > QuickCAD. > > > > > > My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to properly save > > these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native bitmap > > images? > > > > > > I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers and new > > engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend trying to > make > > these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this...... > > > > > >
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous

One can put raster images into ACAD/LT. In my opinion, unless it's only a temporary measure, ie to trace and then remove the raster image, why would one wish to permanently insert a raster image anyway. I hate raster. Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "Paul Jackson" wrote in message news:412df652_2@newsprd01... > So autocad and LT won't embed bitmaps? > not very good is it? > > PJ > > "Ric Norris" wrote in message > news:412ca3f1_1@newsprd01... >> Hey Paul....good to see you awake, if not alive...!!!! >> >> Embedding raster images into vector drawings is always foreign. Besides, >> QuickCAD is not any distance in front.....we all know it is finished. >> And >> thank G.O.D. for that. >> >> Perhaps Joe doesn't want to produce his images as .pdf's. Perhaps he > wants >> the layers to be mucked around with. Perhaps .dwf may be the way to go. >> That's what ADesk reckons anyway....!!!! >> >> Cheers, >> >> Ric. >> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings >> >> >> "Paul Jackson" wrote in message >> news:412c9fca$1_2@newsprd01... >> > Hello >> > >> > Embedding bmp and jpg files is something I think is foreign to the base >> > autocrud file types of dwg and dxf. This is why a program as simple as >> > quickcad can be kilometres (miles) in front of the more complex > offerings. >> > >> > If you do want to share the files on the internet, try saving them as > PDF >> > files. This also stops people mucking around with the layers. >> > >> > Paul. >> > >> > "Joe Robertaccio" wrote in message >> > news:26865767.1093439883843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> > > Hi Folks, >> > > I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed in >> > QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal >> > systems. >> > These I hope to post on the Web for all to use. >> > > >> > > I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in >> QuickCAD, >> > but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files with >> > QuickCAD. >> > > >> > > My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to properly > save >> > these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native bitmap >> > images? >> > > >> > > I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers and >> > > new >> > engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend trying to >> make >> > these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this...... >> > >> > >> >> > >
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous

The list is long, so where could I start: Fixture Photographs Installation details off the internet Aerial photos behind site plans Pictures of ME Company logos... Shall I go on. Why don't you admit Sketch is sooo much better than LT. PJ "Ric Norris" wrote in message news:412e4f7e$1_3@newsprd01... > One can put raster images into ACAD/LT. > > In my opinion, unless it's only a temporary measure, ie to trace and then > remove the raster image, why would one wish to permanently insert a raster > image anyway. > > I hate raster. > > Ric Norris. > http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings > > > "Paul Jackson" wrote in message > news:412df652_2@newsprd01... > > So autocad and LT won't embed bitmaps? > > not very good is it? > > > > PJ > > > > "Ric Norris" wrote in message > > news:412ca3f1_1@newsprd01... > >> Hey Paul....good to see you awake, if not alive...!!!! > >> > >> Embedding raster images into vector drawings is always foreign. Besides, > >> QuickCAD is not any distance in front.....we all know it is finished. > >> And > >> thank G.O.D. for that. > >> > >> Perhaps Joe doesn't want to produce his images as .pdf's. Perhaps he > > wants > >> the layers to be mucked around with. Perhaps .dwf may be the way to go. > >> That's what ADesk reckons anyway....!!!! > >> > >> Cheers, > >> > >> Ric. > >> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings > >> > >> > >> "Paul Jackson" wrote in message > >> news:412c9fca$1_2@newsprd01... > >> > Hello > >> > > >> > Embedding bmp and jpg files is something I think is foreign to the base > >> > autocrud file types of dwg and dxf. This is why a program as simple as > >> > quickcad can be kilometres (miles) in front of the more complex > > offerings. > >> > > >> > If you do want to share the files on the internet, try saving them as > > PDF > >> > files. This also stops people mucking around with the layers. > >> > > >> > Paul. > >> > > >> > "Joe Robertaccio" wrote in message > >> > news:26865767.1093439883843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > >> > > Hi Folks, > >> > > I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed in > >> > QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal > >> > systems. > >> > These I hope to post on the Web for all to use. > >> > > > >> > > I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in > >> QuickCAD, > >> > but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files with > >> > QuickCAD. > >> > > > >> > > My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to properly > > save > >> > these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native bitmap > >> > images? > >> > > > >> > > I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers and > >> > > new > >> > engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend trying to > >> make > >> > these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this...... > >> > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > >
Message 10 of 28
Anonymous

An A1 .bmp image of you....???....now THAT's something I could trace over.....!!! The others are fair enough....to a degree, except for the latter. Company logos look like crap when inserted as raster. We are professionals....we vectorise all ours plus assign the correct RGB value. You can't do that with raster. I will never admit AS is better than LT....where's Model Space/Paper Space....??? Where's support for XREFS....??? Shall I go on....??? A challenge for you Paul (& anyone else who believes AutoSketch is the ants-pants). Attached is a .dwg file (2000 format) received from the architects re one of my current projects....unzipped it's only 560k and contains no raster. Works fine in AutoCAD. Send me a screen capture when you open it & I'll shoot across $100.00. Ric. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "Paul Jackson" wrote in message news:412e8faf_1@newsprd01... > The list is long, so where could I start: > Fixture Photographs > Installation details off the internet > Aerial photos behind site plans > Pictures of ME > Company logos... > > Shall I go on. > > Why don't you admit Sketch is sooo much better than LT. > > PJ > > "Ric Norris" wrote in message > news:412e4f7e$1_3@newsprd01... >> One can put raster images into ACAD/LT. >> >> In my opinion, unless it's only a temporary measure, ie to trace and then >> remove the raster image, why would one wish to permanently insert a >> raster >> image anyway. >> >> I hate raster. >> >> Ric Norris. >> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings >> >> >> "Paul Jackson" wrote in message >> news:412df652_2@newsprd01... >> > So autocad and LT won't embed bitmaps? >> > not very good is it? >> > >> > PJ >> > >> > "Ric Norris" wrote in message >> > news:412ca3f1_1@newsprd01... >> >> Hey Paul....good to see you awake, if not alive...!!!! >> >> >> >> Embedding raster images into vector drawings is always foreign. > Besides, >> >> QuickCAD is not any distance in front.....we all know it is finished. >> >> And >> >> thank G.O.D. for that. >> >> >> >> Perhaps Joe doesn't want to produce his images as .pdf's. Perhaps he >> > wants >> >> the layers to be mucked around with. Perhaps .dwf may be the way to > go. >> >> That's what ADesk reckons anyway....!!!! >> >> >> >> Cheers, >> >> >> >> Ric. >> >> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings >> >> >> >> >> >> "Paul Jackson" wrote in message >> >> news:412c9fca$1_2@newsprd01... >> >> > Hello >> >> > >> >> > Embedding bmp and jpg files is something I think is foreign to the > base >> >> > autocrud file types of dwg and dxf. This is why a program as simple > as >> >> > quickcad can be kilometres (miles) in front of the more complex >> > offerings. >> >> > >> >> > If you do want to share the files on the internet, try saving them >> >> > as >> > PDF >> >> > files. This also stops people mucking around with the layers. >> >> > >> >> > Paul. >> >> > >> >> > "Joe Robertaccio" wrote in message >> >> > news:26865767.1093439883843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> >> > > Hi Folks, >> >> > > I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed > in >> >> > QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal >> >> > systems. >> >> > These I hope to post on the Web for all to use. >> >> > > >> >> > > I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in >> >> QuickCAD, >> >> > but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files >> >> > with >> >> > QuickCAD. >> >> > > >> >> > > My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to properly >> > save >> >> > these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native > bitmap >> >> > images? >> >> > > >> >> > > I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers and >> >> > > new >> >> > engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend trying > to >> >> make >> >> > these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this...... >> >> > >> >> > >> >> >> >> >> > >> > >> >> > >
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous

OK that's done - now what? :-) > A challenge for you Paul (& anyone else who believes AutoSketch is the > ants-pants). Attached is a .dwg file (2000 format) received from the > architects re one of my current projects....unzipped it's only 560k and > contains no raster. Works fine in AutoCAD. > > Send me a screen capture when you open it & I'll shoot across $100.00. > > Ric. > http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous

Ahhhh....that's what I like. A man after a quick buck. Sorry Angry to piss down on your parade....but where's the rest of it...???....5000% of the drawing is missing.....!!!! Have a look at the attached .jpg's and please note 20% of the 1600 layers aren't even turned on (for clarity purposes). To be fair, it is Model Space. I knew I should have made the challenge for $1000.00....!!!! Please feel free to forward me direct, your .SKF file....and I will send you mine. It has been re-worked through LT of course....!!! Ric. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "AngryofMayfair" wrote in message news:412eb9f4_2@newsprd01... > OK that's done - now what? > :-) > >> A challenge for you Paul (& anyone else who believes AutoSketch is the >> ants-pants). Attached is a .dwg file (2000 format) received from the >> architects re one of my current projects....unzipped it's only 560k and >> contains no raster. Works fine in AutoCAD. >> >> Send me a screen capture when you open it & I'll shoot across $100.00. >> >> Ric. >> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings >
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous

Hi Ric This what you wanted? It would prob look more complete if you posted the xref files also, but I opened what you posted no probs. :-) FWIW the SKF is 670K HTH "Ric Norris" wrote in message news:412ea438_1@newsprd01... > An A1 .bmp image of you....???....now THAT's something I could trace > over.....!!! The others are fair enough....to a degree, except for the > latter. > > Company logos look like crap when inserted as raster. We are > professionals....we vectorise all ours plus assign the correct RGB value. > You can't do that with raster. > > I will never admit AS is better than LT....where's Model Space/Paper > Space....??? Where's support for XREFS....??? Shall I go on....??? > > A challenge for you Paul (& anyone else who believes AutoSketch is the > ants-pants). Attached is a .dwg file (2000 format) received from the > architects re one of my current projects....unzipped it's only 560k and > contains no raster. Works fine in AutoCAD. > > Send me a screen capture when you open it & I'll shoot across $100.00. > > Ric. > http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings > > > "Paul Jackson" wrote in message > news:412e8faf_1@newsprd01... >> The list is long, so where could I start: >> Fixture Photographs >> Installation details off the internet >> Aerial photos behind site plans >> Pictures of ME >> Company logos... >> >> Shall I go on. >> >> Why don't you admit Sketch is sooo much better than LT. >> >> PJ >> >> "Ric Norris" wrote in message >> news:412e4f7e$1_3@newsprd01... >>> One can put raster images into ACAD/LT. >>> >>> In my opinion, unless it's only a temporary measure, ie to trace and >>> then >>> remove the raster image, why would one wish to permanently insert a >>> raster >>> image anyway. >>> >>> I hate raster. >>> >>> Ric Norris. >>> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings >>> >>> >>> "Paul Jackson" wrote in message >>> news:412df652_2@newsprd01... >>> > So autocad and LT won't embed bitmaps? >>> > not very good is it? >>> > >>> > PJ >>> > >>> > "Ric Norris" wrote in message >>> > news:412ca3f1_1@newsprd01... >>> >> Hey Paul....good to see you awake, if not alive...!!!! >>> >> >>> >> Embedding raster images into vector drawings is always foreign. >> Besides, >>> >> QuickCAD is not any distance in front.....we all know it is finished. >>> >> And >>> >> thank G.O.D. for that. >>> >> >>> >> Perhaps Joe doesn't want to produce his images as .pdf's. Perhaps he >>> > wants >>> >> the layers to be mucked around with. Perhaps .dwf may be the way to >> go. >>> >> That's what ADesk reckons anyway....!!!! >>> >> >>> >> Cheers, >>> >> >>> >> Ric. >>> >> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> "Paul Jackson" wrote in message >>> >> news:412c9fca$1_2@newsprd01... >>> >> > Hello >>> >> > >>> >> > Embedding bmp and jpg files is something I think is foreign to the >> base >>> >> > autocrud file types of dwg and dxf. This is why a program as >>> >> > simple >> as >>> >> > quickcad can be kilometres (miles) in front of the more complex >>> > offerings. >>> >> > >>> >> > If you do want to share the files on the internet, try saving them >>> >> > as >>> > PDF >>> >> > files. This also stops people mucking around with the layers. >>> >> > >>> >> > Paul. >>> >> > >>> >> > "Joe Robertaccio" wrote in message >>> >> > news:26865767.1093439883843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >>> >> > > Hi Folks, >>> >> > > I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed >> in >>> >> > QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal >>> >> > systems. >>> >> > These I hope to post on the Web for all to use. >>> >> > > >>> >> > > I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in >>> >> QuickCAD, >>> >> > but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files >>> >> > with >>> >> > QuickCAD. >>> >> > > >>> >> > > My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to >>> >> > > properly >>> > save >>> >> > these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native >> bitmap >>> >> > images? >>> >> > > >>> >> > > I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers >>> >> > > and >>> >> > > new >>> >> > engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend >>> >> > trying >> to >>> >> make >>> >> > these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this...... >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> >>> >> >>> > >>> > >>> >>> >> >> > > >
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous

It can't be display more correct. ... We arel missing the 17 x-ref files Håkon
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous

Winner is found.....no more responses please. Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "Joe Robertaccio" wrote in message news:26865767.1093439883843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi Folks, > I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed in > QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal systems. > These I hope to post on the Web for all to use. > > I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in QuickCAD, > but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files with > QuickCAD. > > My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to properly save > these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native bitmap > images? > > I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers and new > engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend trying to > make these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this......
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous

Ric Interesting, but doesn't your company use QuickCAD rather than LT? Paul Perplexed "Ric Norris" wrote in message news:412f21a6$1_1@newsprd01... > Winner is found.....no more responses please. > > Ric Norris. > http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings > > > "Joe Robertaccio" wrote in message > news:26865767.1093439883843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Hi Folks, > > I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed in > > QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal systems. > > These I hope to post on the Web for all to use. > > > > I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in QuickCAD, > > but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files with > > QuickCAD. > > > > My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to properly save > > these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native bitmap > > images? > > > > I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers and new > > engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend trying to > > make these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this...... > >
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous

Yep.....I am the only one in the company that uses a professional CAD program. The other 250+ CAD users within the company have to settle with QuickCAD.....and ain't that a prick of a concept....!!!! http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "Paul Jackson" wrote in message news:412fecbb$1_2@newsprd01... > Ric > Interesting, but doesn't your company use QuickCAD rather than LT? > > Paul Perplexed > > > > "Ric Norris" wrote in message > news:412f21a6$1_1@newsprd01... >> Winner is found.....no more responses please. >> >> Ric Norris. >> http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings >> >> >> "Joe Robertaccio" wrote in message >> news:26865767.1093439883843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> > Hi Folks, >> > I'm a Public Health Engineer in New York State and have developed in >> > QuickCAD 8 standardized drawings for onsite wastewater disposal >> > systems. >> > These I hope to post on the Web for all to use. >> > >> > I find that I can save them in the native CAD or SFK formats in > QuickCAD, >> > but the bit maps are lost when I try to save as DXF or DWG files with >> > QuickCAD. >> > >> > My question is will upgrading to AutoSketch 9 allow me to properly save >> > these files in the DXF or DWG formats without losing the native bitmap >> > images? >> > >> > I'm doing this on my own, trying to help the smaller engineers and new >> > engineering companies and have my own limited funds to expend trying to >> > make these up. Any ideason how best to accomplish this...... >> >> > >
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous

There are programs that may be able to convert your files. Post your email address or email me directly. Joe Robertaccio wrote: > I'm not that familiar with PDF files. I am using size "D" (22*34) paper as my setup. My goal is to allow an engineer the freedom to change what he feels he needs to change due to the conditions he finds onsite, while easily producing a professional (and easy to review) plan which is of high quality. Although this is based on New York State Codes, these plans could be used for at least 15 states in the northease and central part of the country with minor modifications.. I'm not shue if the other states use, but probibly t is basically the same.....
Message 19 of 28

Thanks, but you assistance is not nessecary. After reading the enlighteded posts on this chat board I decided I needed to get the data into a Autocad Native Format.

A little looking around on the web delivered a produce for free that had the capability to convert the bit map images into DXF darwings. Thus I was able to the use raster to vector software to make native DXF and DWG files and use them. This has worked well. Anyone interested in the drawing details for their own use I can email them....
Message 20 of 28
Anonymous

Please send. It may do a better job than my current software. Joe Robertaccio wrote: > Thanks, but you assistance is not nessecary. After reading the enlighteded posts on this chat board I decided I needed to get the data into a Autocad Native Format. > > A little looking around on the web delivered a produce for free that had the capability to convert the bit map images into DXF darwings. Thus I was able to the use raster to vector software to make native DXF and DWG files and use them. This has worked well. Anyone interested in the drawing details for their own use I can email them....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report