Autosketch A3 prinitng

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Whatsthis
2563 Views, 2 Replies

Autosketch A3 prinitng

Hello

I am using Autosketch 7 in Windows 7. It is working fine in the virtual XP mode. I have an produced an A3 drawing which I wish to print. I do not have an A3 printer myself but can access a photocopier locally that will print it in A3 if I supply the correct PDF file via a memory stick.

Before taking the file to the photocopier I have been doing some checks to confirm that the file will print as intended.  I have no problem converting to PDF by saving as a DWG format and using freeware to convert to PDF. My problem is that although I set the page size as A3 the print driver seems to force the the document to save to fit an A4/letter size page. In other words when I call up the PDF on my computer and print it is fitting it to an A4 page. This would be OK if it's PDF properties were showing it as A3 being reduced to fit the page but it is not.

Is it the driver or perhaps even the free software? The driver seems fixed as it's not showing any option to change. I've used www.convertfiles.com for the PDF conversion. (indidentally this seems to have converted dotted lines to solid)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
StevenMac
in reply to: Whatsthis

PDF Creator will appear as a 'printer' when you go FILE > PRINT and saves directly to PDF format.

http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Sketch has 'issues' with its metadata. If you copy/paste a drawing into MS Word you'll get dotted/dashed lines go screwy.

Message 3 of 3
Whatsthis
in reply to: Whatsthis

I have now got my printing to work perfectly.

For the benefit of anyone reading this post with similar problems I will just explain how I have resolved the issue.

1. I have established that the page size problem was occuring in the PDF conversion and not in Autosketch
  2. The PDF converter suggested by StevenMac is much better than the one I was using.
  3. Initially only my physical installed printer was visible in the Autosketch print window so this was a problem to print PDF to a file.
  4. My version of Autosketch will not run in Windows 7 so I am running it in Windows 7 virtual XP Mode (you need the Windows 7professional version or above to do this). In XP Mode it's not seeing Windows 7 programs (it can see files) so consequently it is not seeing the PDF conversion programme that I had already downloaded. The answer is simply to download the PDF conversion programme from within the virtual XP mode rather than in Windows 7 and Lo the PDF converter appears!!
  5. This has the added advantage that since Autosketch is printing to the PDF converter in it's native file format dotted lines are printing exactly as attended.

Many thanks to Stevenmac for your response and helpful suggestion for PDF file converter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report