AutoSketch

AutoSketch

MableMaude
Message 1 of 3 (1,151 Views)
Accepted Solution

Autosketch 9 missing acge16.dll in windows 8.1

1151 Views, 2 Replies
03-02-2014 12:04 PM

I am trying to install Autosketch 9 on my new Windows 8.1 machine. Install seems to go well. Sketch.exe is in the expected location and shows up in my list of available applications. But when I try to start it, I get a messabe box saying it cannot run because AcGe16.dll is missing.

I tried repairing the installation. No change.

I uninstalled it; disabled virus protection; reinstalled. No change.

What now? I know this is an old version, but I do not use it enough to want to upgrade.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (1,133 Views)

Re: Autosketch 9 missing acge16.dll in windows 8.1

03-04-2014 06:14 AM in reply to: MableMaude
Autosketch was designed for Windows XP. No fix.

Visit Microsoft's websitre and look for tips on running old software is some sort of XP-mode or virtual-mode to get your old software to work.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
MableMaude
Message 3 of 3 (1,103 Views)

Re: Autosketch 9 missing acge16.dll in windows 8.1

03-09-2014 09:48 PM in reply to: MableMaude

Dean--

Thank you. I ran the windows compatibility wizard on Autosketch and "a miricle occurred". It no longer reports a missing dll and seems to run just fine using XP compatibility settings.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.