AutoSketch

starkmr
Message 1 of 5 (3,277 Views)

Autosketch 2 skd to dwg files

3277 Views, 4 Replies
04-29-2010 07:07 AM
Could use some assistance. Have created a number of drawings in Autosketch 2 and also have the version of Autosketch 6. I have been trying unsuccessfully to take the old .skd files from version 2 and convert them to .dwg or .dxf drawings in Autosketch 6 so that an engineer can open them and be able to amend/use them without all of the font problems associated with bitmap. Tried using the 2.1c "conversion" technique and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Can someone give me a step by step procedure that I can use to do this? Thanks in advance!
Active Contributor
thixoman
Message 2 of 5 (3,047 Views)

Re: Autosketch 2 skd to dwg files

08-30-2010 11:20 AM in reply to: starkmr

Hi,

I have been off the site for a while, but, am back !!!!   can help with file conversions of all types,  contact crosby_a@hotmail.com

rogerggbr
Message 3 of 5 (2,983 Views)

09-09-2010 05:09 AM in reply to: thixoman
Hi, I have a similar problem. We stopped using Autosketch in around 1992/3 and switched to using autocad and autocadLT. I have now found a few old drawings still in SKD format which would be good if I could convert them. I have tried various viewers but nothing works. I seem to remember that at the time the only way was to have a particular version of autosketch and do a "save as" to the DWG format. Obviously not all drawings got done at that time. Needless to say our copies of autosketch are long gone. Anyone know if there is an old (free) version out there for this purpose? Or a converter/plugin for one of the viewers? Thanks for any pointers.
Active Contributor
thixoman
Message 4 of 5 (2,981 Views)

09-09-2010 06:23 AM in reply to: starkmr

Hi,

unfortunately, its not a simple process to convert from r2 /2.1 to ver 6.  without going into detail here, please contact me via email  crosby_a@hotmail.com

PierrePrevot
Message 5 of 5 (1,602 Views)

11-25-2011 06:06 AM in reply to: starkmr

AutoSketck 2 SKD files can be changed in DWG if you use AutoSketck 9.

I do it myself all the time !

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.