AutoSketch

Loecken
Message 1 of 3 (588 Views)

Autosketch 10 OS WIN 7 Problem : Layers

588 Views, 2 Replies
11-21-2011 09:37 AM

I use WIN 7 and Autosketch 10; When 1 create a drawing in Layer 1 and want to add a layer I do not get it. I want Layer 1 to be yelow and the drawing on layer 2 in black ( as usual). The 2nd layer can be added , but layer 1 does not get yellow ( or other coulor ( does not matter; everything without black)) In Win XP with AS 10 everything was o.k.

Has someone else faced this problem ? How did you solve it? Please advise, if possible

Thanks

Theo

Mentor
StevenMac
Message 2 of 3 (569 Views)

Re: Autosketch 10 OS WIN 7 Problem : Layers

11-28-2011 01:25 AM in reply to: Loecken

Not quite sure what you mean there Leo.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/-Bastard_Child-/c6739d79.jpg

Do you have "By Layer" selected in that drop-down box I've circled in red?

Loecken
Message 3 of 3 (541 Views)

Re: Autosketch 10 OS WIN 7 Problem : Layers

12-02-2011 01:46 PM in reply to: Loecken

Hi Steven,

thanks for ysour reply. The problem is quite easy. let me explain:

1) you open a new virgin drawing sheet. ( layer 1 ! ; no layer added yet)

2) you draw somthing ( lets say a grid) and !! you draw it in black ( black lines)

3) now you add a layer ( layer 2)

4) you lock now layer 1 ( impossible to make changes to this layer) and, you want eyerything that has been drawn on layer on to appear in ( lets say) yellow. ( or every other possible color without black) You can set this all under "Extras" --> Graphic options (wordly traslated from German) I dont know the engl. expressions)

5) with this, you can draw now on layer 2 and have layer1 as a basic grid. and have allways a good orientation.

This is very helpfull when you make layouts of electronic boards. Layer 1 is the grid of your pinnings ( normally a 2,54 mm grid--> 0,1 inch) and on layer 2 you arrange your components ( IC's, R, C, ......you name it, we have it.)

This is only for hobby purposes, I know that there a prof. SW's but, they cost a hell of money.

So, but my problem seems to be solved meanwhile. I had copied the grid from a OS XP laptop to my OS WIN7 PC.

I redeseigned layer 1 in the OS WIN7 System and everythings works as it has to do.

Altough I write from Germany, I hope you understand now what I meant.

Thank you again for your help !

bet regards

Theo

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.