I use WIN 7 and Autosketch 10; When 1 create a drawing in Layer 1 and want to add a layer I do not get it. I want Layer 1 to be yelow and the drawing on layer 2 in black ( as usual). The 2nd layer can be added , but layer 1 does not get yellow ( or other coulor ( does not matter; everything without black)) In Win XP with AS 10 everything was o.k.
Has someone else faced this problem ? How did you solve it? Please advise, if possible
Not quite sure what you mean there Leo.
Do you have "By Layer" selected in that drop-down box I've circled in red?
thanks for ysour reply. The problem is quite easy. let me explain:
1) you open a new virgin drawing sheet. ( layer 1 ! ; no layer added yet)
2) you draw somthing ( lets say a grid) and !! you draw it in black ( black lines)
3) now you add a layer ( layer 2)
4) you lock now layer 1 ( impossible to make changes to this layer) and, you want eyerything that has been drawn on layer on to appear in ( lets say) yellow. ( or every other possible color without black) You can set this all under "Extras" --> Graphic options (wordly traslated from German) I dont know the engl. expressions)
5) with this, you can draw now on layer 2 and have layer1 as a basic grid. and have allways a good orientation.
This is very helpfull when you make layouts of electronic boards. Layer 1 is the grid of your pinnings ( normally a 2,54 mm grid--> 0,1 inch) and on layer 2 you arrange your components ( IC's, R, C, ......you name it, we have it.)
This is only for hobby purposes, I know that there a prof. SW's but, they cost a hell of money.
So, but my problem seems to be solved meanwhile. I had copied the grid from a OS XP laptop to my OS WIN7 PC.
I redeseigned layer 1 in the OS WIN7 System and everythings works as it has to do.
Altough I write from Germany, I hope you understand now what I meant.
Thank you again for your help !
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.
Upgrading to a 2015 product? Make sure to check these out 1st!