Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad text in AS9

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kweakley
443 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad text in AS9

Are there still text problems when converting text between .skf and .dwg?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: kweakley

I have no problems here to read a dwg file with text in ASK 9, but also in ASK 8 I have had no problems. Juergen "kweakley" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:411763.1097952581984.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Are there still text problems when converting text between .skf and .dwg?
Message 3 of 9
kweakley

The text problem is when saving to .dwg, the multi-line text turns into single line text.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry for the misunderstanding. If I draw in AKS 9 multiline text and saveas in dwg format, AutoCAD opens this file with - single line text. (i.e. not fixed yet). :-( Juergen "kweakley" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1810777.1097991296154.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > The text problem is when saving to .dwg, the multi-line text turns into single line text.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I never thought of the mutiline text coverting to single line text as a problem. However there still is a problem where the text does not stay justified properly. Left justified are Ok but center and right justification do not stay that way when converted to DWG kweakley wrote: > Are there still text problems when converting text between .skf and .dwg?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Refer my post "AutoSketch 9 - BUG #1" dated 17.8.04. I just love the way you people (don't) search the Newsgroup....!!!! Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "kweakley" wrote in message news:411763.1097952581984.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Are there still text problems when converting text between .skf and .dwg?
Message 7 of 9
kweakley

Sorry Ric,

No I didn't search, but maybe putting it at the top of the list will get Autodesk's attention.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

AutoDesk were aware of the issue before AS9 was released. It was on top of my list during beta testing. Go figure....!!!! Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "kweakley" wrote in message news:28971123.1098316611301.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Sorry Ric, > > No I didn't search, but maybe putting it at the top of the list will get > Autodesk's attention.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Not to excuse autodesk, but to offer a band-aid: in autocad, text2mtext will convert dtext into mtext. It's an expresstool command, which means expresstools needs to be installed seprately. On the bright side, it comes free on the AutoCAD disc (and has for a few releases now.)

if you cant fix it on the export end, at least there's a quick fix once in autocad. 🙂

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report