AutoSketch

Brewmaestro
Message 1 of 2 (233 Views)

AS 6 to AS 9 Text Spacing Issue

233 Views, 1 Replies
11-18-2013 11:32 AM

I have over 16,000 drawings (.skf) created using AutoSketch 6. I am attempting to upgrade to a Windows 7 system (if that's an upgrade) and for that reason trying to convert to AutoSketch 9, as I have been led to believe that it will run on Win7. I currently have both versions installed on my XP Pro PC, to gauge how difficult it will be for me to adjust (I'm 59), and to make sure that 9 will handle my files.

So far, so good, with the following exception: In my drawings I use two fonts, CityBlueprint and Technic. When I load a drawing created with 6 into 9 the text is stretched out. I have set the size, width, etc. to match what it's set for in 6, but I haven't been able to fix this. I read somewhere that text is handled differently in 9 than it is in 6. 

To put it explicitly: it's the proper font; the letters are the correct size; but there's more space between them than when the drawing was created in 6.

Is there any help for this? And, IS 9 an upgrade, if you know what I mean? Obviously, I'm very comfortable with 6... if I can figure a way to get it to run in Windows 7 would I be better off? Or are there real improvements I will see in the software?

Thanks for any help. Jack

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (206 Views)

Re: AS 6 to AS 9 Text Spacing Issue

12-01-2013 02:10 PM in reply to: Brewmaestro
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.