Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS 6 to AS 9 Text Spacing Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Brewmaestro
451 Views, 1 Reply

AS 6 to AS 9 Text Spacing Issue

I have over 16,000 drawings (.skf) created using AutoSketch 6. I am attempting to upgrade to a Windows 7 system (if that's an upgrade) and for that reason trying to convert to AutoSketch 9, as I have been led to believe that it will run on Win7. I currently have both versions installed on my XP Pro PC, to gauge how difficult it will be for me to adjust (I'm 59), and to make sure that 9 will handle my files.

So far, so good, with the following exception: In my drawings I use two fonts, CityBlueprint and Technic. When I load a drawing created with 6 into 9 the text is stretched out. I have set the size, width, etc. to match what it's set for in 6, but I haven't been able to fix this. I read somewhere that text is handled differently in 9 than it is in 6. 

To put it explicitly: it's the proper font; the letters are the correct size; but there's more space between them than when the drawing was created in 6.

Is there any help for this? And, IS 9 an upgrade, if you know what I mean? Obviously, I'm very comfortable with 6... if I can figure a way to get it to run in Windows 7 would I be better off? Or are there real improvements I will see in the software?

Thanks for any help. Jack

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Brewmaestro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report