Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS 6 to AS 10

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
662 Views, 3 Replies

AS 6 to AS 10

Due to the death of my XP machine I was forced to downgrade to Windows 7.  Obviously my beloved, faithful and (arguably) best copy of AS6 will not install on the Home Version of W7.  Before I pull the trigger on AS10, does anyone know if the XP mode found in the Professional version of W7 is a viable workaround?  I am dreading going to AS10 because I have AS6 purring along rather smoothly on a small Acer netbook for light field work.

If I do have to switch to AS10, is there any quirks I should know about?  I mean except for the proclaimed death of Autosketch by Ric Norris? 🙂  ( glad to see Rick and Harvey still kicking around these parts)

Thx,

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Fred9002
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure if this helps any....I run AS9 (which preceeded Win7 and Vista) on Win7 without using compatibility mode. Had to do a few things (e.g. "run as administrator")   AS10 I would guess is even better; it was made to run on Vista.   

Message 3 of 4
Fred9002
in reply to: Fred9002

PS:  I made the switch from AS6 to AS9 hardly noticing the change, i.e. did not have to "relearn"  The one change I noticed was a god one.....ability to do fixed widths on wider lines.....I can't believe they previously put out as product where the only choice was those pixel based line widths.   And from what I hear, the changes to AS10 were small and good.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Fred.  It's good to know that the learning curve from 6 to 10 should be small.

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report