Did you mean: 

AS 10 - Duplicate Symbol Definition Error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Avestruz
576 Views, 2 Replies

AS 10 - Duplicate Symbol Definition Error

Hi -

Hoping someone may be able to help... Just installed AS10. Trying to open .DWG files creadted in ACAD 2006 we get a couple different errors...

When selecting the file in the File / Open dialog box, a preview does appear in the AS10 preview window. When actually opening the file (after selecting a Linear Scale Factor - Inches / 1) we get an "Unknown File Type" dialog box. From there we select Autocad .DWG file and OK. The Linear Scale dialog reappears. We stick with inches and click OK.... AS10 shows an error message of "Duplicate Symbol Definition". We can not clear the error. It seems the only way out is to end the program from Windows Task Manager.

Any ideas on what we're running into?. Is there something we can do in ACAD to allow these files to open in AS10?

Your help and expert guidance would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nigma
in reply to: Avestruz

Is your drawing something special?
I don't see such a problem when open a ACAD 2006 drawing.
Can you please tell more information?
Thanks Edited by: nigma on Feb 10, 2009 1:51 AM
Message 3 of 3
619aj619
in reply to: Avestruz

I have adsk10. My cad dept. sends me AutoCadDWG files produced in Revit. Never had a problem its great for what I do. But for what ever reason this set of plans in totally random order I can't open about a third of the files.

they are organized by page number and under that the views on that page. First I get unknown file type. Then in the drop down menu I select AutoCad DWG. Then I get DUPLICATE SYMBOL DEFINITION and the program locks up. I have to shut it down with the task manager. My cad engineer also tried combining all the drawings on a page to make it one file and I have the same problem. PLEASE HELP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report