Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All in Favor of AutoSketch Classic?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
David Horowitz
395 Views, 8 Replies

All in Favor of AutoSketch Classic?

There seems to be a lot of people out there who still use Release 2.1 in preference to versions 6 to 9. I only use version 7 as a last resort when I have to create a DWG or DXF version of a SKD file.

The 2.1 interface is easy to use. What we need is Autodesk to create "AutoSketch Classic" based on release 2.1 and with the minimum update needed to keep it happy in the Windows XP world.

Lets put some pressure on Autodesk! All those in favor? Make some noise !
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: David Horowitz

> There seems to be a lot of people out there who still use Release 2.1 in preference to versions 6 to 9. I only use version 7 as a last resort when I have to create a DWG or DXF version of a SKD file. > > The 2.1 interface is easy to use. What we need is Autodesk to create "AutoSketch Classic" based on release 2.1 and with the minimum update needed to keep it happy in the Windows XP world. I come from a later generation of AS users - I started at 6.0 in 1999. Can you summarise how 2.x differs from the later versions and why its preferable? And there must be at least a couple of advantages that the later versions offer (other than XP compatability) musn't there?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Whatever drugs yer on.....stop taking them.....they're obviously not working for you.....!!!! Or perhaps they are....!!! Get real....!!!! Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "David Horowitz" wrote in message news:23636882.1102629160767.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > There seems to be a lot of people out there who still use Release 2.1 in > preference to versions 6 to 9. I only use version 7 as a last resort when > I have to create a DWG or DXF version of a SKD file. > > The 2.1 interface is easy to use. What we need is Autodesk to create > "AutoSketch Classic" based on release 2.1 and with the minimum update > needed to keep it happy in the Windows XP world. > > Lets put some pressure on Autodesk! All those in favor? Make some noise > !
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry but I can't say I agree. I have used both and the later versions are the most productive with better functionality IMHO Yes they have a bug or two here & there but I kinda like V7 "David Horowitz" wrote in message news:23636882.1102629160767.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > There seems to be a lot of people out there who still use Release 2.1 in > preference to versions 6 to 9. I only use version 7 as a last resort when > I have to create a DWG or DXF version of a SKD file. > > The 2.1 interface is easy to use. What we need is Autodesk to create > "AutoSketch Classic" based on release 2.1 and with the minimum update > needed to keep it happy in the Windows XP world. > > Lets put some pressure on Autodesk! All those in favor? Make some noise > !
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I heartily agree !!! I have used AS from R1 - DOS to R7
R 2.1 is the best i have ever seen with power, functionality and ease of use. Ain't broken, why fix it !?!?!?!!??!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I've used v.2.1, 6, 7, and 8. going from 2.1 to 6 was a lot like getting out of a go cart and into a 'vette. Sure, there's a few extra things to look at and learn to use, but it the end it'll all pay off in a faster, more comfortable system.

If autodesk ever makes a "classic" version of the software, i hope they include an improved-interface option for those of us who ran out of queludes as well. 😉

For power, i can understand liking the older software. Heck, i think win3.x is a beautiful thing for power management and ease of use. I also think that with over 2 1/2 gigs of processor, and over a gig or RAM, i don't need win3.x any more than i need sketch 2.1. They were both great in their day, but the bar's been raised.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I agree there should be a Classic. I keep an old laptop by my desk just to run 2.0. If you use a drawing program every day then you can use the newer AutoSketch or AutoCAD Lite. But if you use it once a month or two, there isn't a program that even comes close to 2.0 the ease of use for the power you get.
Message 8 of 9
jbonner

I teach graphics to kids 12-18 yo and I find AutoSketch 2.1 really easy to teach and the kids can really get to grips with it quickly. As they mature we then move on to AutoCAD.
JB
Message 9 of 9
Pastor Ken

I use AutoSketch intensely once every couple of years. Trying to learn 6 brings a learning curve that frustrates me. Fortunately, I have 2.0 working on my Windows XP computer, and will continue using it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report