Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adjustinfg objects

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
yiannissamaras
975 Views, 2 Replies

adjustinfg objects

I have been using autosketch for over 15 tears usinf version 6. I recentlu upgtaded to version 10. in versio six when i adjusted the size of an object by grabbing the pointer and dragging it to a new location the object adjusted in that direction only. That is when i draged a paralellogram on the right direction only that side adjusted to the new location. leaving the opposite side where it originally was.

in version 10 and I think it may be because i inandvertantly nade a change in the parameters somwhere, both sides adjust . This makes it difficult to get the right size of shape because I have to go back to the opposite side adjust it bacjk to the right size and go back to the opposite side check distances etc

How can I fix this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PM121UK
in reply to: yiannissamaras

Hi,

I don’t know if this will help ‘you’ in any way. As a v9 user and always acutely aware of the scale being used and making sure my drawn objects are (sized) millimetre-perfect. ~ If I start off with a template object, let’s say a sofa on a floor plan; I first measure it across its X axis, then Y. If it needs re-sizing I pre-calculate the multiplication-factor (sometimes 1.X sometimes 0.X to adjust).

I’ve always treated moving and re-sizing as two different actions;

Moving one click to highlight what item or group you’re selecting and a second click (keeping the button down) and then dragging it to it to its new location on the screen.

I’ve probably made something simple I do quickly and regularly sound far more complicated than it need be but I hope it’s of use to someone, especially you in your search for a solution.

Best regards, .. Paul.

www.veracis.org
Message 3 of 3
StevenMac
in reply to: PM121UK

Left click your object

Right click exactly on the yellow round point (no idea what it's called, but it's in the centre of your shape).

Untick the box marked "scale about here"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report