Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet Dave Simeone, AutoCAD Civil 3D Master Manager!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jessica.t
1537 Views, 2 Replies

Meet Dave Simeone, AutoCAD Civil 3D Master Manager!

Dave.PNG

Not only is Dave an avid AutoCAD Civil 3D enthusiast, he also loves to golf and ski! Get to know one of our trusty senior product managers by checking out our interview with him.

Please introduce yourself and tell us what you do at Autodesk.
    I’m Dave Simeone and I’m Senior Product Manager for AutoCAD Civil 3D. The heart of my job is to help shape and implement our product roadmap to best meet our customer’s needs. This is quite a challenge as Civil 3D is a global product focusing on different segments of the Civil Infrastructure market. For example, the needs of a highway engineer at a U.S. Transportation agency are likely very different than someone working on a land reclamation project in the Netherlands or a site development project in Japan.

Which city do you work in? What is the best part about where you are located?
    I’m located in our Manchester NH office. Best part of the office is the people. It’s a very interactive environment – lots of whiteboards and people brainstorming. It’s also a cool facility… part of a very large mill complex that was built in the 1800’s.

What is a typical work day like for you?
    Changes by the minute… Reviewing workflow questions raised by the development team, then researching an issue identified on the News Group or Futures Portal, then doing research that’ll impact scope. And lots of coffee.

What makes a great product manager?
    Ability to listen, learn, plan and influence.

How did you become involved with AutoCAD Civil 3D?
    I’ve been involved with Autodesk’s civil/survey solutions since 1988 when I was using AutoCAD / DCA release 9 at a small survey/design firm. From there I joined DCA/Softdesk working and eventually transitioned to Product Management. Autodesk bought Softdesk in 1997 and I’ve remained in Civil Product Management since. It’s been interesting being involved with the product transitions – S8 to Land Desktop to Civil 3D.

In your spare time, what do you like to do?
    Ski, golf, coach, generally enjoy life.

If you need any additional help, please visit us on Twitter @Autodeskhelp or if you have any other product specific questions please post a new message in one our Autodesk Community forums.

Jessica Thrasher
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

My autocad lt 2013 has stopped working.  I get the following:  "The license for this product is being exported."  Only use my license on the same laptop and havent tried to export anything. Help!

Message 3 of 3

Nancy, you might get a better response if you post to the AutoCAD LT forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-general-discussion/bd-p/43

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report