Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
nstalker
242 Views, 4 Replies

Vault

I have FDSP 2014.  It came with Autodesk Vault Basic.  I would like to try it out.  I've been trying a number of different inputs for the log in and I'm getting a message that states that the software could not find the Data Management Services.

I've heard that I need to download Vault Server but I can't find where to download it.  Shouldn't this come out of the box with FDS?

I've also read that I need to contact the administrator of our vault for my account information.  We don't have an administrator.  We have someone in purchasing who bought the suite and myself, the end user.  My purchasing agent does not know their Autodesk account username and password.

What do I do if I want to use Vault in this scenario?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: nstalker

pop in the usb stick and click on install tools & ultilites for vault server console
go here: wikihelp.autodesk.com and click on vault on the left
read everything on there to learn what vault is

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
nstalker
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren,

Thank you for your response!  I do not have a USB stick for 2014.  I'm a subscriber so I downloaded 2014 from Autodesk 360.  I did read that wikihelp, the "Log in and Log out" section and I am unable to get it working.  Probably because, as you have mentioned, I do not have Vault server.  I'm wondering how to get Vault server when I don't have the USB stick for the software.

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: nstalker

@nstalker wrote:

Darren,

Thank you for your response!  I do not have a USB stick for 2014.  I'm a subscriber so I downloaded 2014 from Autodesk 360.  I did read that wikihelp, the "Log in and Log out" section and I am unable to get it working.  Probably because, as you have mentioned, I do not have Vault server.  I'm wondering how to get Vault server when I don't have the USB stick for the software.

did you delete the download and installer files?

if not just double click setup.exe in the install folder

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
jostroopers
in reply to: DarrenP

Of you have subscription then you can download vault server from youre
subscription center
Mvg Jos
Youre drawings are as good as the symbols that compleet them.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report