Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Analysis 360

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
gslammers
1504 Views, 8 Replies

Process Analysis 360

I am trying to simulate a complex process using PA 360. I have done this process with Arena simulation software, but want to model with PA 360 because it is much more user friendly.  I am running into a problem where I need to be able to start a process once another one finish, but they use different sources.  Is it possible to queue one process from another when they are not connected?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcmahor
in reply to: gslammers

This capability is not available in PA 360 today. We will make sure to add this to our roadmap. -ryan
Message 3 of 9
martin_madaj

Hi gslammers,

For now you can try to use a workaround: set the first processor to split the simulation item from the first source into 2 pieces and send one of the items to the second processor that will Merge the item from the first processor with an item from the second source. First processor should be set to round-robin scheduling.

Best regards,

Martin Madaj.

Message 4 of 9
AmyLiu
in reply to: martin_madaj

Thanks Martin Madaj for the great idea! it is cool.

But i have a concern for the Scheduling of Processor1, i think it doesn't need to give special value to scheduling, for it is split, and it will send products to following 2 branches at the same time,after finishing processor1.

Is there any other consideration?

@gslammers, 

I have tried it, it can work. you can use it in your design.

Amy Liu (cui.liu@autodesk.com)
Senior Software QA Engineer
Autodesk
Message 5 of 9
martin_madaj
in reply to: AmyLiu

Hi Amy,

sorry for my delayed answer - you're right, there's no need to force Processor 1 to round-robin scheduling as the number of items for the both of output connections is explicitly defined in processor settings.

Martin

Message 6 of 9
AmyLiu

it needs gslammers' input here.
Jun pops up a good point that: "it has different number of in-process work items, which may OR may not matter to the user."

Autodesk
Message 7 of 9
AmyLiu

@gslammers,

how's your status for the PA issue? Process Analysis 360 has a new release recently, are you insterested in try it?

if you are intersted, you could get the information from:http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-suite-general/process-analysis-360-new-release-is-onlin...

installer link:  http://processanalysis360.autodesk.com/ to have a try.

We implemented Expanded simulation options and enhanced data tracking in this build, it includes 4 new features:

• Operator objects simulate resources(humans, transporters, robots, etc.)
  • Source scheduling options let you define variable rate outputs and quantities
  • A new export feature sends complete model data to Excel
  • An expanded Excel import template includes all kinds of data

The new funcitons Tutoriols:

1. Export a Model to Excel---Export process model data to an Excel spreadsheet for further analysis and use with other applications

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9gmv7CL5qA

2. Modeling Operators--Add resources that interact with processors and optimize allocations based on summary report information

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj9VUm255yo

3. Scheduling Sources--Create fixed or pattern schedules for delivering materials to the shop floor

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7fDuFQK9mg

Anyfeedback is welcome!

Autodesk
Message 8 of 9
martin_madaj
in reply to: AmyLiu

Hi AmyLiu,

regarding the new Operator feature in PA360: I really appreciate the effort that brought the Operator feature into PA360 but I think it needs to be a little bit more sophisticated and capable. See why I think that.

The Operation 1 begins when the Operator comes into the Processor 1. But after that there should be an option to tell the Operator to go immediately to another Processor (for example to Processor 2 to start the Operation 2) and not to wait at the Processor 1 until the Operation 1 finishes. This is wasting of the time. I should choose whether I want the Operator to stay until the operation finishes or whether the Operator only starts the operation.

Therefore I'm going to visit the Idea Station.

Best regards, Martin.

Message 9 of 9
AmyLiu

@martin_madaj,

thanks very much for your feedback, it's really a good idea, currently operator is a start, it's very simple logic.

yes, in real factory, sometimes, operator is only used to start a machine, not need to wait unit an operation finish. we will consider to add this in later release.

Best Regards,

Amy

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report