Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems When Syncing Between Inventor and AutoCAD

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
petestrycharske
938 Views, 8 Replies

Problems When Syncing Between Inventor and AutoCAD

All,

I haven't used the syncing functionality in a little while, but am having trouble getting it to work.  In the past, I would have created a partial layout in AutoCAD, sync to Inventor and then make whatever changes necessary.  Then I would sync my layout back to AutoCAD, but that no longer seems to be working.  Have tried to sync a couple of different test layouts and have gotten the attached error message.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks in advance for any assistance and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello there,

did you check if there already is a link to a DWG file in Inventor?

If so remove the link reference and it might work.

Apart from that I must admit I got that message too already and

was not able to solve it every time.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 9

Daniel,

I am not sure if you have noticed the same thing, but this only really seems to happen when I have custom asset chains, the ones that I created from scratch.  Have never experienced this kind of trouble with custom or stock assets, only these custom chains...  I will try to monkey with the link file and see if I can make any headway there, but just wanted to see if you had made the same observations.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 9

Can someone from Autodesk take a look at this thread?  I am not sure what else to try and this really only seems to be happening when I use custom asset chains.  Perhaps there is something with that modeling process that I am not doing correctly... 

Thanks in advance for any assistance and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 5 of 9

Hi Peter, I am sorry I set the issue as resovled accidently. Could you please send me the asset chain asset? Then I can have a try in my machine. Thanks, -Xuesong
Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 6 of 9

Xuesong,

No worries, I unmarked the solution.  Here is the chain asset and the two segments I used to make the chain.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 7 of 9

Hi Peter, The root reason is that there is some problem of 2d asset of Straight asset. I have republished the Straight asset. Please replace the old one with attached. By the way, there is an issue of populating 3d asset chain. Says: Polylines of asset chaining will not be deleted in AutoCAD when synced to Inventor. The hotfix is available at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22752447&linkID=15639656. Thanks, -Xuesong
Message 8 of 9
XuesongBai
in reply to: XuesongBai

Sorry,forget to attach the update asset.
Message 9 of 9
XuesongBai
in reply to: XuesongBai

Somethings wrong happened in the forum. I cannot add attachement and cannot edit my post either. Peter, Could you please send me an email by Xuesong.bai@autodesk.com? So I can send you the updated straight asset. Thanks, -Xuesong

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report