Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private sharing of Factory Assets

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
strijkp
538 Views, 4 Replies

Private sharing of Factory Assets

What's the best way to share a number of Factory Users Assets with a privite selected group of people?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeff.pek
in reply to: strijkp

Hi Peter -

This isn't possible today with Cloud-based assets.

The only thing is to publish them to a commonly-available network file share.

We hope to be able to deliver controlled sharing of Cloud-based assets in a future release.

Jeff

Message 3 of 5
XuesongBai

Hi Peter,

Are the people in the same company? Or can they get the assets from shared network folder? Or are they using the vault?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 5
strijkp
in reply to: XuesongBai

In this case, yes, we want to share assets between Autodesk employees for demo preparation etc...which cannot be made public.

So we can add a common server location and define the server path as an additional library location in the project file. But I wanted to know the workflow to share assets between project members without having access to a common server location.

Message 5 of 5
XuesongBai

Hi Peter,

In this case, I recommend you shared the factory user assets by Vault. So the project members can access to vault,although they are out of office.

Attached is the workflow I was writing as workflow test, hope that will be helpful to you.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report