Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Xref's color in Naviswork

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Ildan
893 Views, 2 Replies

Keeping Xref's color in Naviswork

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out this but I don't find : I need to change colors on a dwg file and to see them changed on Navis.

Let me explain :
- I'm gonna receive several .dwg every weeks, same name but updated (ex : 1.dwg, 2.dwg, 3.dwg)
- I'm planning to xref all the .dwg (ex : Xref.dwg) on the same drawing to change the layer's colors I need (with Visretain : 1, I'm gonna keep the modified color) 

My problem is when I append Xref.dwg, it takes the colors from the layer's originals files (1.dwg, 2.dwg, 3.dwg).

Does any of you know how to do it?

Thank you

Ildan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
XuesongBai
in reply to: Ildan

Hi there, I suspect that you cannot change the layer's color for the xref's dwg. So you still get the original color of xref's dwg. Thanks, -Xuesong
Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 3
Ildan
in reply to: Ildan

Thank you for your answer.

Actually I managed to change the color on the xref. It goes well till it's on autocad (xref with colors I need, updating my xref's model with new models keeping the custumed colors).

But when I append it on navisworks, the drawing source is the xref's model but the layers source is the original model.

It means that even if I append only xref.dwg on Navisworks, then I change layers's color on the original files (let say 1.dwg), without opening xref.dwg the colors gonna change as the original file when I update Navisworks.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report