Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 shortucts with FDS addin again

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
martin.madaj
431 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor 2015 shortucts with FDS addin again

Hi everybody,

Is there any hotfix planned to solve the shortcuts issue in Inventor with Factory addin loaded - one has to reset the shortcuts to defaults before the traditional shortcuts can be used (for example "D" for dimensioning and NOT for Discussion Forum and so on...). This problem with FDS persists over three FDS versions with no solution...

Best regards,

Martin Madaj.

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
tanghong77
in reply to: martin.madaj

Right, behavior on FDS 2015 RTM  is : pressing D, there would be Dimension and Discussion Forum listed. However if you Press Enter key then you can get Dimmension command activeated directly.

I want to check with you what behavior you are expecting?

Remove all the Factory shortcut keys? Or dont let Factory shortcut keys showed in Non-Factory Environemnt?

Or how about if user uncheck “Use default multi-character Command Aliases”, Factory shortcut keys will not show? All factory shortcut keys are multi-characters..

thanks,

Irene

Message 3 of 12
martin.madaj
in reply to: tanghong77

Hi Irene,

the problem is that I don't want to hit Enter after pressing D key. I have "Use default multi-character Command Aliases" unchecked but Inventor does not care. Only resetting keyboard shortcuts to defaults helps but only for a current Inventor session. When I close Inventor and run it again, I have to reset the shortcuts again. Inventor does not remember the settings. Also I tried to remove the DF shortcut but Inventor does not remember it. I'd like to use traditional Inventor shortcut keys. Also I'm convinced it is not a matter of user rights - I'm the admin, Inventor runs in admin mode and was installed in admin mode with no antivirus present in Windows. I know other user of FDS who are experiencing the same issue (among my customers and also here at forum, see here).

Approximately one year ago I saw the opened case on this topic (for FDS 2013?) with statement from Autodesk that it will be fixed in some service pack but it seems nothing has been done...

Martin

Message 4 of 12
tanghong77

Hello, Martin,

thank you for letting us know the detail issues. there are really issues for what you have encoutnered, we are reporting defects to track them.

1.  I have "Use default multi-character Command Aliases" unchecked but Inventor does not care.  It is one issue we have logged.

2. Also I tried to remove the DF shortcut but Inventor does not remember it.  It is one issue we have logged.

3. Only resetting keyboard shortcuts to defaults helps but only for a current Inventor session. When I close Inventor and run it again, I have to reset the shortcuts again.  Actaully resetting keyboard shortcuts to default then remove Factory shortcut keys, which is not expected behavior. so it is one issue.

thanks,

Irene

Message 5 of 12
martin.madaj

Thanks for the info. Martin
Message 6 of 12
tanghong77

HI Martin, When we got the issues resolved or improvement in this area, we would like to invite you to do validation and give us feedback. thanks, Irene
Message 7 of 12
martin.madaj

Hi Irene, of course, I'll be glad to do that. Let me know when needed. Martin

Message 8 of 12
volkan

Hi Irene,

Is there any progress so far?

Volkan ARI
Message 9 of 12
liqinomickey
in reply to: volkan

Hi Volkan,

Yes, we have solved this issue in FDS 2015 Feature Update Pack (Released in September) and future FDS.

Here is the current behavior for your information.

1. By default, uncheck “Use default multi-character Command Aliases”, Factory shortcut keys would not be activated.
  2. Customized shortcut keys for factory command will not be overwritten by re-start Inventor.   
  3. Delete most of the Factory related short cut keys. Keep followings which are frequently used and have no confilict with other inventor short cut keys in using environment.

AT Asset Tag

CN Connect

RP Reposition

SA Sync AutoCAD

NL New Layout

CN Define Connector

DD Descriptor

LS Landing Surface

PA Publish Asset

AB Asset Builder

Thanks and Best Regards,

Mickey

Mickey Li
Product Manager
ACS Docs Platform feature team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 12
altar
in reply to: liqinomickey

Hi Mickey,

Thanks a lot for your reply. This update slipped my notice. Gob bless subscription.

Cheers,

Message 11 of 12
JuhaMM
in reply to: altar

Hi,

Is there also samekind of hotfix for Inventor 2014 FDS addin?

Problems are the same as listed above, but the platform is 2014.

Best regards,

Juha M

Message 12 of 12
tanghong77
in reply to: JuhaMM

Hello,

Sorry, we dont have plan to deliver hotfix for FDS 2014 agaisnt this issue yet. If there is critical user case please let us know.

thanks,

Irene

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report