Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Design suite tools

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Wmcd17
782 Views, 6 Replies

Factory Design suite tools

I recently installed the AutoDesk factory design suite and I can't find or access any of the factory tools. I've posted a screen shot below to help explain my problem.

forum image for autocad.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jeff.pek
in reply to: Wmcd17

Seems like there's a problem with loading the plugin -- despite the UI being put in place.

Do you see anything in the command log history that might indicate a problem?

Jeff

Message 3 of 7
Wmcd17
in reply to: jeff.pek

I didn't notice anything, here's a screen of my command history.forum image for autocad 2.jpg

Message 4 of 7
jeff.pek

If you just type "FACT" into the command line, do you see any commands like "FACT_STARTUP" showing up in the drop-list?

If not, this would indicate that the plugin isn't loaded.

Which AutoCAD are you running? Is this Architecture? Mechanical?

Which version?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 5 of 7
Wmcd17

I typed FACT and there was a list of options including FACT_ABOUT, FACT_FACTORYBROWSER, etc. Heres another screen shot, but I think you're probably right about the plugin not being loaded. Do you have any fix ideas for that sort of problem?

I'm currently running normal AutoCAD 2012, not mechanical or architecture. I have tried to access the factory tools in those two versions also, but no luck.

forum image for autocad 3.jpg 

Message 6 of 7
jeff.pek

Thanks for the screenshots.

The Factory plugin will not load in Vanilla AutoCAd. It's intended for use only in AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD Mechanical.

Do you see exactly the same behavior when you run one of those flavors?

Can you check what files/folders you have in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins?

Just want to make sure things seem to be installed properly.

Here, you should see a folder named FactApplication_R (something; don't recall the exact numbering for 2012).

This will have a Packagecontents.xml file in it, along with additional subdirectories.

How many files are in this overall directory structure? You can get Properties on the "FactApplication*" directory to get this.

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 7 of 7
Wmcd17

I think that must have been the problem, I just found a setup app in the folder you mentioned, ran it, and everything seems to be working now. The only oddity is that my boss seems to be able to access factory in autocad vanilla. In any case, thank you for the help, and I think I should be all set now.

Will

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report