Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emulate 3D and FDS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Logos_Atum
2048 Views, 2 Replies

Emulate 3D and FDS

Hello there,

i´m using FDS and the Emulate3D Plug in to ready models for the emulation process.

I´ve been meddling around for quite some time and wanted to ask if there are users

with experience that might want to share their knowledge with me. Emulate 3D does

not have a forum as FDS does.

Especially the ability to model in Inventor and to keep the flexibility of an Factory Asset

despite of importing the dataset to Emulate does interest me.

I would be glad if some of you could help me with the matter as it would be useless to

model all the elements to later remodel them to meet the requirements of Demo 3D.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.davidson
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Hi Daniel,

There is a forum for Demo3D, Sim3D and Emulate3D users which you can access from the Help->Forum link in the software.

In the latest release of Demo3D 2012 we now import Key Parameters from Inventor files which means you can reuse you FDS asset parameters in demonstration, simulation and emulation models. You can even add in extra parameters that aren't used directly in FDS, such as motor speeds or friction coefficients, and then use those in your Demo3D models meaning you just have to maintain your parameters in one place.

We hope to add support for importing FDS asset connectors as well but we've not managed to get any information from Autodesk on the approved way of accessing the connectors and their properties via the API. We'll add support once we get this.

Adam

Message 3 of 3
Logos_Atum
in reply to: adam.davidson

Hello Adam,

thank you very much. I might be getting back to you

soon and I surely will. That´s good news and I hope

Autodesk can supply the information needed soon.

We would greatly appreciate that step and surely we

are not the only company interested in functionality li-

ke that.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums