Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Assets Factory Design Suite 2013

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
874 Views, 9 Replies

Disappearing Assets Factory Design Suite 2013

Hello everyone,

I am experimenting with Factory Design Suite 2013, the company I'm working for is planning to buy it for a couple of systems and I am figuring out how the programs works with a trial version. 

At the moment we are working with Inventor 2011 and our library is filled with parts drawn in this version. Now I'm trying to create a factory asset from a existing part drawn in Inventor 2011 with the Asset Builder tool. When the asset is complete (connector points and landing surface defined) and I want to load it into a Factory Layout, my asset just disappears. 

The asset is located in the user assets folder where it goes by default. I click and drag my asset in the Factory Layout where I click the mouse button to place it somewhere. Then I can define the angle on how it is placed. When I mouse click to confirm the angle my asset is gone. It doesnt appear in the part tree on the side of the screen either.

Assets of parts that I have created with Inventor 2013 don't have this problem, these just work how they are supposed to.

Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Or is Factory 2013 incompatible with Inventor 2011? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Logos_Atum
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Blokkie,

I have had the same troubles with some recently published assets.

Everything worked fine so far. Then - when placing the asset- sud-

denly it disappeared. I did not manage to reproduce the behaviour

and after restarting Inventor with Factory it all worked as it ought to.

I tried republishing which worked sometimes, but restarting fixed it.

Hope it´s not an compatibility issue with the older Inventor version.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Heey Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried replublishing the assets, but without luck. Same goes for restarting the program and PC.  

The part I'm trying to place is my layout is a iPart with a table. I found out that placing normal parts without table isnt giving any trouble. So maybe Inventor 2011 iParts arent compatible? Or is there something else that needs to be done to make a asset out of a iPart drawn in Inventor 2011?

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 10
XuesongBai

Hi there,

That is somewhat related to the iPart. Could you please share the ipart with me? Actually, there is the function-Asset Variant that is similar to iPart in FDS2013.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hi Xuesong,

Thanks for your reply.  Here is the iPart drawn in Inventor 2011. Oke, so instead of making it a normal asset it is posible to make a function-asset from the iPart? 

Thanks,

Robbert

Message 6 of 10
XuesongBai

Hi there,

Maybe that is an issue related to iPart in FDS 2013. I have reported it to the developement team. Sorry for the inconvenience that will take to you.

Regarding to asset variant, it is similiar to iPart, but there is special function/workflow in 2d/3d  in FDS.Could you please look at the demo video which is shared at youtube for more understanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8_MrfXPumg&feature=player_embedded

Thanks,
-Xuesong

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Xuesong,

Oke, so the bottomline is that for now it is not possible to make an asset of an iPart drawn in Inventor 2011? So they are not compatible.

The idea is to re use the parts from our library for FDS 2013. Most of the iParts we have are parts where the user can define the dimensions himself. So far as I see with the asset variant you are bound to the variants you have added instead of beeing able to define your own combination of dimensions freely. Or am I seeing this wrong?

Thanks,

Robbert 

Message 8 of 10
XuesongBai

HI,

You are correct.

Please let me know if you need more assist on the asset variant.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Heey,

I found out that if I delete the table the iPart becomes a normal part again. Making an asset from this part makes me able to use it in a layout. With the factory propperties menu and multi value parameter I can still do everything with the part that I want 🙂

Message 10 of 10
XuesongBai

Hi,

I am glad that you have found the workround of the issue.So I marked the topic resolved.

Thank,

-Xuesong

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report