Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Landing Surfaces

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
deathman20
239 Views, 2 Replies

Different Landing Surfaces

Got a question dealing with landing surfaces in the main assembly.  Trying to get an idea of how to do this with my conveyor runs.  Sometimes we have conveyor on the ground, as well as platforms in the area.  When doing this of course the legs for the conveyor will only need to be to the platform and not the ground.  Is there an easy way inside the assembly file to have a piece of conveyor that is attached to the ground, and the second piece (next piece in the run) attached to the platform for its landing surface?

This is my next item to solve before moving forward with my libarary creation and standards.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
coreyparks
in reply to: deathman20

Take a look in the factory options on the snap tab.  You should be able to turn on the snap to face option and then when placing assets you can select model faces to snap them to.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 3
deathman20
in reply to: coreyparks

I'll have to play around with that option.  Currently we are not using Inventor to place models, still doing it in AutoCAD so its things we are importing in that will have to be re-constrained it seems.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report