Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connector not working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nstalker
740 Views, 5 Replies

connector not working

Hello - I am unable to get these two assets to connect to each other when I put them in the same factory layout.  Any idea what the problem is?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nstalker
in reply to: nstalker

another weird thing about the curve asset.  I have the 8' radius selected and a smaller radius is what actually gets inserted in the layout.  I even created a new project in the event that the problem had something to do with a duplicate local asset.  (see attached image)

Message 3 of 6
yizhou.cao

Hi,

Assets created from iParts appear to have some issues. One possible reason is that the active member in your "Cart Track Curve.ipt" is "3ft Curve". When you set the variant to 8_ft_radius, the value of parameter Track_radius conflicts with what's in the active member. I suggestion you don't combine iPart and variant together.

We'll investigate it more. Thanks for reporting.

Yizhou Cao

Factory Design Suite development team

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 4 of 6
nstalker
in reply to: yizhou.cao

thanks for your response!  How would you recommend that I create a similar asset that has variants instead of the way I did it?

Message 5 of 6
yizhou.cao

When an iPart is placed into the assembly, you actually get an instance of the iPart member, which is derived from the iPart factory. If you have connectors in the iPart factory, they will get lost in the iPart member. So it's not recommended to create asset from iPart. Variant is very similar to iPart. Both are parameter driven. You should be able to achieve what you want using just variants, can't you?

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 6 of 6
Logos_Atum
in reply to: yizhou.cao

Hello there,

after deleting the 3.rd party content and republishing the assets,

they work fine. Only thing I can argue about are the orientations

of the connector points, which are not right in the curved part.

Kind regards

Daniel 

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report