Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Class Properties Assembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Blokkie862
384 Views, 4 Replies

Connector Class Properties Assembly

Hello,

I have made an assembly with one part that has all the user parameters, wich is linked to all the other parts. So if I change something in the part with the user parameters, the other ones will go along with it (Skeletal Modeling). I have linked the parameters to the assembly too.

Now I want to create an asset of this assembly and make a custum Connector Class Propertie for this assembly so that a few parameters of connected assembly's will scale along if I change the first one.

The problem is that when I have created a ConnectorClass it wont recognize the parameters. I think that the problem lies with the fact that the parameters he needs to find lie in a part within the assembly, and not in the assembly itself (although the parameters are linked to the assembly).  

Does anyone know how to get this working? So that the ConnectorClass for the assembly can find the parameters in a part within the assembly? There is very litle information to be found on the internet about ConnectorClasses. I have attached the files.

I hope that you guys understand what I mean 🙂 Thanks in advance,

Robbert

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Blokkie862
in reply to: Blokkie862

Okey, I have found out how it works myself 🙂 Used iLogic to overwrite the part parameters with the assembly parameters. FDS was able to find the assembly parameters and now it works.  

Message 3 of 5
XuesongBai
in reply to: Blokkie862

Hi Daniel,

Blokkie862  is correct.
In your case, you need to:
1,Create the User parameter directly in Assembly and mark them as Key parameter, rather than in the specific part
2,Use iLogic code to link the Assembly key parameter to the parts which are in the assembly
3,Create the connector class to refer to the assembly user parameter
For example as shown in the snapshot.

Thanks,
-Xuesong
4-12-2013 9-54-41 AM.png
Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 5
Blokkie862
in reply to: XuesongBai

Yes, that is exactly how I did it 🙂 Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Logos_Atum
in reply to: XuesongBai

That surely will prove usefull I think.

kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report