Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't publish asset

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
coreyparks
1563 Views, 22 Replies

Can't publish asset

I just fired up 2013 for the first time and went to publish an asset and I get the attached error message.  Any ideas how I need to resolve this?

Asset error.JPG

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23

Hi there,

That is very clear.

I am curious why you failed on publishing the assets yesterday. I noticed that the only difference is that you change the path of design data, but that should not affect publishing asset.

Publishing asset only use the Ansi(mm).dwg or ANSI(inch).dwg which must be at ...Templates\Metric\ or ...\Templates\English.

Thank you for updating the status again.

Cheers,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 22 of 23

Yes, in our case if we chage our Design Data path to \Public Documents\Autodesk|Inventor 2014\Design Data then FDS2014 is publishing assets.. Do you know why this is happening?/

Xuesong, I can give you some more info.

By seeing that abdnormal behaviour of FDS2014, I tried to open ANSI (in).dwg and ANSI (mm).dwg.

These are getting opened in Inventor 2014.  

Is Inventor 2014 is the default application to open above  .dwg files?? If not what do we need to do??

Message 23 of 23
Rproehl
in reply to: XuesongBai

In my case the template ANSI (mm).dwg and ANSI (mm).idw is needed, to publish an asset without the error message.

In the factory option you can define the Default DWG Template. By default this is set to "Automatically select template based on units".

Point 1: where is the source of this unit?

Point 2: why is the dwg AND idw needed?

Point 3: If u select "User defined template", FDS is asking for an "dwt"-Template - is this setting recommended?

Cheers

Rainer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report