Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
ahmet.sevindi
681 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad Sync

Hi,

The problem comes when I press "AutocadSync"icon on the screen. Does not generate 2D drawing file.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
XuesongBai
in reply to: ahmet.sevindi

Hi there,

If you have check the reason 1,2,3, but the issue is not fixed.

Could you please install Inventor Update1 for Inventor 2014 SP1? And then have a try again.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 4
JanBaert
in reply to: ahmet.sevindi

Hello,

I had the same issues...

If you use this command for the first time in a 3D factory layout, it will need a template dwg file.

The problem is that Inventor doesn't find that specific dwg file. (Although the error message indicates other possible causes)

So i think there is some work to be done for Autodesk to display a better error message...

If you copy the complete 'metric' folder from the default template location (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Templates) to your own template location specified in the appl. options or projectfile, the problem will be solved.

In fact it's not really necessary to have the complete 'metric' folder, i just needed the "ANSI (mm).dwg" file.

(If your 3D factory layout is in Inches you'll probably need the English folder from the templates)

But to me it's not clear why it had to be the "ANSI (mm).dwg" file or why Inventor doesn't simply use the dwg file which is located right under the template folder. Maybe someone from Autodesk can give us a little bit more information on this?

Jan

Message 4 of 4
XuesongBai
in reply to: JanBaert

Hi Jan, Currently, the following dwg template is mandatory. 3D layout in Inch need the ANSI(in).dwg template which must be in English folder. The same thing in metric units. ...\Metric\ANSI (mm).dwg ...\English\ANSI (in).dwg Thanks, -Xuesong
Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report