cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Job & Save Job

Open Job & Save Job

Camduct 2014 uses a custom form for "Open Job" and "Save Job As" unlike 2013 which uses a standard windows form. This custom form has reduced usability in my mind because when you type you don't get the "predictive" typing where it will attempt to narrow down the file based on what you are typing in. The standard windows form (mine is Win 7 64bit) also has a very useful search textbox (top right) which I now use quite often. None of these features are on the custom form adopted  on 2014. I guess the reason for the custom form is because it contains a link to the cloud, but I would like to see better functionality built into it.
5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Start "Edit Configuration" from the CAMduct install (the options are different depending which Edit Configuration shortcut you use). Then disable the "Welcome Screen".

don.pickford
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. It's not the welcome screen that I have issues with. From the main screen in Camduct where the file contents are displayed, it's the form which opens when you go to "open" a file or "save" a file that does not behave the same as the previous versions. The predictive typing of the previous versions allowed you to see that the file existed by showing what files matched the input, from a drop down list.

Now when you type out a full file name you have to hope that that file exists because it will save the current job then attempt to open the file you have typed. If it does not exist then it will fail and you get a message that it could not open it. Not good compared to previous versions!

steves
Community Visitor

This is still ahuge problem in 2015, and not being able also to add links to your Favorites is a pain...

XtraCAD
Explorer

You can see more comments about this form here

http://www.xtracad.com/forum/index.php?topic=12950

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report