cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulation Spec Inside / Outside Setting Improvement

Insulation Spec Inside / Outside Setting Improvement

Insulation specs Inside / Outside setting needs to be driven by the rectangular / round type.

The way the software is currently setup, if you have the insulation spec set to put insulation on the INSIDE, it puts it on inside for both rectangular and round, it needs to be a toggle setting within the Rect / Round entries themselves. This would allow you to customize the spec on how it handles inside / outside insulation on Round and Rectangular.

For example:

On the majority of low pressure duct systems, if the rectangular duct gets internal liner, the round will get outside wrap. Currently, I am not sure of any way to acheive this without using a seperate service for the round.

Thanks,

Nick

4 Comments
rptjr
Enthusiast

"if you have the insulation spec set to put insulation on the INSIDE, it puts it on inside for both rectangular and round"

On the inside only if you have each of the geometries setup with something other than none. For instance I have a spec created that specifies the geometry and then the insul type, rectangular 1” liner, so I setup the breakpoint for rectangular and set round and oval to none.

If using designline you can edit the individual lines so that each can have its own insulation specification.

If not using designline you can use changespec.

Those are the 2 ways I know to overcome this. My insualtion spec is not driven by my service. I leave it open so I can apply whatever I want.

I gave KUDOS though because I would like to have multiple geometry x multiple insulation type specifications to be able to achieve your example of low press round as well as others without editing the designline properties. In this case the Specification Properties “Insulation” and “Dims” would need moved down a level into the properties of the geometry.

nbaughman
Advocate

"On the inside only if you have each of the geometries setup with something other than none. For instance I have a spec created that specifies the geometry and then the insul type, rectangular 1” liner, so I setup the breakpoint for rectangular and set round and oval to none."

Correct, i was implying that there was no way to have the spec setup with an inside on rect, and outside on round or vice versa.

I am aware that you can change it manually, kind of defeats the purpose of design-line IMO. I would much rather rely on the software to fill correctly than having to rely on a human being.  Smiley Wink

Thank you for the KUDOS rptjr!!  

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

cadpiper
Participant

When I turn insulation on my piping it shows up as square on 90 degree elbow and not rounded or like the radius of the elbow. Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm currently using Autocad Fabrication MEP 2018... Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report