cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed Decoiler Straight Order Additions

Installed Decoiler Straight Order Additions

When utilizing a decoiler with an AMS controller, you run into many hurdles with the "out of the box" DPL file. I am going to touch on one.

AMS needs all ALIKE ductwork to have the same number. I have created a script what renumbers them accordingly. Although, when viewing and printing the labels, the ductwork order is not consistent. Much time has been spent regarding this issue, and we simply do not have enough "Available" Straight Order fields. In order to get the label order to work correctly we are going to need two things. 

1. An "Item Number" field added. The item number is DIRECTLY related to the sort order of the AMS controller, this would allow all of our alike pieces to be sorted in the correct manner.

2. An "Override" field added. By override, I am referring to option #15 under CID 866. The way it works right now (with the available options within the sort order), the order of the labels / duct has a chance of listing duct out of order, if your sort order deems fit. Changing this, would allow this error to never occur.

Please help those with AMS controllers

Thank you for your consideration,

Nick Baughman 

1 Comment
aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report