cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculations and Dependencies on pattern options

Calculations and Dependencies on pattern options

Would it be useful to be able to set the Options as a calculation or dependency based on another field just like you can with the dimensions list? Being able to set the number of segments (option 1 for CID 61) to be determined by the Angle and/or Inner Radius (Dimensions C and B respectively for CID 61) for example

Add your examples and requirements.

7 Comments
bparrell
Enthusiast

This would be good.Could we go further and add Trig to the calcs?

deisman
Contributor

Could use the as well here a few examples:

CIDs 8, 28, 29 & 34 (SQ to RNDs) options 1, 2, 4 (parts, seams and seam locations) change based on connector. CIDs 3, 819 TDF connectors changed based on throat dims being < 4" that won't fit under the rolling forming machine safety fence. 

One that surfaced yesterday was splitter vanes based on a calculated ratio referenced to a chart to determine the number of vanes required. So a dependency based on a calculation would have saved me from scripting it.

So add me to the YES PLEASE list.

cam-nav
Advocate

I agree with all above and add 838 (Hangers) to the list for another reason to add this feature.

There are 'options' that have 'dimensions' in them and it would be nice to have a dependancy setup so scripting isn't necessary to change the gravity "rod diameter" or "bearer width".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but taking it further.

How about a dependency that will allow a branch extension to incrase if a damper is applied?

bstout
Explorer

This would be extremely helpful. The length formulas for round/oval fittings are extremely long and need to be broken down. For example I need to determine which of two taps on a cross fitting is larger so I can calculate the overall body length. To determine the larger of two taps i need to include ((((d1-d2)^2)^.5)+(d1+d2))/2 in each length equation for every cross fitting. It would be nice if this were off in field by itself. (or add absolute value as an available function) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

All of this would help reduce the amount of content we build to support these different situations. This allows the designer/detailer to focus on drawing and not how the parts are built.

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report