Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PEX services in Fabrication CAD MEP

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
bireshwar.mallick
2807 Views, 15 Replies

PEX services in Fabrication CAD MEP

Can any body suggest how can we get/download the PEX services for carrying out works so that we can create distribution systems with the PEX systems in AutoCAD Fabrication CAD MEP, it will be of a great help.

Bireshwar
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Uponor's website has a downloadable *.iez service file.  It is located under the BIM download, hard to find but worth the search.

Todd

Message 3 of 16
CraigFarsh
in reply to: MTBLetsos

Hi MTBLetsos

Is Uponor the main manufacturer of PEX piping?

Also do you have a specific link to their .iez, i have had a look on the website but was unable to locate it. Would make sense to add their item data into the ootb configuration.

Regards

Craig F

Craig Farish

Quality Analyst | Product Owner | Experience Designer

Message 4 of 16

Hi MTBLetsos,
It will of a great help if you suggest the location of the the respective .IEZ pex service.
Best Regards,
Bireshwar
Bireshwar
Message 5 of 16
MTBLetsos
in reply to: CraigFarsh

No Uponor is just one of the companies that manufacture PEX.

Message 6 of 16
MTBLetsos

The Uponor PEX (iez) file is attached for your use.

Message 7 of 16
CraigFarsh

Hi MTBLetsos

Thank you for clarifying and providing the .iez.

Regards

Craig F

Craig Farish

Message 8 of 16

Hi MTBLestos,

Thanks a for proving the Uponor PEX service. There are two issues that we have found and the same are stated underneath

Baisc Propex tubing or flex pipe not seen in the propex systems (snap attached)

We are not able to see the long run service to draw basic PEX pipe only a pex tubing service is present in the Uponor AquaPEX tubing. We need to draw basic PEX pipes with all the Uponor system fittings, Manifolds,etc...

When we are drawing between a/the fitting(s) to fitting(s) then errors are shown

Snap attached for illustration purpose.

Bireshwar
Message 9 of 16

Hi MTBLestos

Joint error attachment with respect to the previous correpondence as we cannot upload multiple image here as such I am replying in a separate thread.

With best regards,

Bireshwar
Message 10 of 16

Hi bireshwar.mallick

I have looked over the parts in this arnge and there are many fundamental errors which will cause problems when drawing.

1. there is no flex tube in this service, that part that is set up as tube is in fact a subassembly and will not work with this range.

2. No spec applied

3. No insulation material set, should this be set?

4. The connectors of the male fittings which appear to couple pipe together, also the main connector for fittings is not configured correctly so will not allow connection to tube.

These are only a few of the issues i have seen in the 10 minutes i have spent reviewing the service. I could quickly fix some of these to allow you to draw something but even this will be a half baked effort. I would like to pass this to our content development team to thoroughly comb through these parts and database conponents and supply a decent set of content. I think it will be a while before this will be a useable range.

Regards

Craig F

Craig Farish

Message 11 of 16

Hi Craig,

I agree with you and these base fixes should be done needfully so that we may implement the PEX concept in the drawing interface of AutoCAD Fabrication CAD MEP. Sooner the fixes better will be the feel good factor.

With kind regards,

Bireshwar
Message 12 of 16

Hi Craig,

Hope we can get an early resolution to the issue.

Regards,

Bireshwar
Message 13 of 16

Hi bireshwar.mallick

Completey understand, hoping i can make some tweaks to this range which will enable you to draw something at least but im missing one piece of valuable data that i cant seem to find on in any of the documents on Uponor website. For me to fix the fittings i require the engagement length of the hose (male) connection for each fitting size. Do you have this information anywhere or have the physical parts that could be measured.

I'm hoping that with this data that i can create the neccessary connector for all of the fittings and add a generic flex pipe so you have something to draw with. Obviously this is not a validated set of content and will not be available anywhere else but on here. I will have a discussion with the team to see if we can include pex pipe and fittings in our backlog.

Regards

Craig F

Craig Farish

Message 14 of 16
brandon.moore
in reply to: CraigFarsh

I see this was all posted about a year ago but has anyone got the Uponor services to work yet?

Message 15 of 16
MTBLetsos
in reply to: brandon.moore

This is the service I found on the uponor site, it is not complete, you will need to work on a few connectors, but it is a good start.

Message 16 of 16
brett.stacks

Hi,

If this service came from Uponor then they will need to complete the work. We are only managing the services that we create.

Brett Stacks
Product Manager, MEP Fabrication
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report