Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Missing notches on display/nesting AND cutting

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
engineering
459 Views, 2 Replies

Random Missing notches on display/nesting AND cutting

Cat FrustratedHi all:

I am currently facing an issue of random missing notches in my nesting files. This issue is very random and I am positive it is due to CAM2014SP0 and SP2b. Below are the problems that I am having, and I do hope someone here can help me out...

1.) the notch randomly does not show up during nest. (Even it doesn't show up on display, but there are 50% chance that the notch is there if I use the "view NC" function to review the NC file
2.) if I individually edit each of the item's development in my job,  just by pressing the "profile" button in opus for EACH cut out part and "save" them. The notches will show up and the part will be cut without any problems
3.) this is no a CID specific issue

Settings:
- burny processors
- notches are currently set at 30degrees w/ 8mm depth (I know its too deep but this is not the actual problem)

please refer to the attachment for the NC file differences.

This is one of the issues that currently stressed me out the most, because my workshop cuts hundreds of sheets everyday and this glitch is like never ending for me on a daily basis.  Huge step back here......

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
davedykes
in reply to: engineering

This was a known issue that has been fixed in 2015 and 2013, but they still haven't released the Service pack with the fix for 2014.

Dave Dykes

Message 3 of 3
engineering
in reply to: davedykes

Hi Dave,

I have  taken your suggestions of installing CAMDUCT 2015, SP1 and even SP2 but I still having the exact problem.

The current setup is:

-Fresh install of CAMDUCT2015 with SP2

- using the Meric content that comes with it

- all default settings

- for all developments, no fold / bend notches will actually be CUT on the table or DISPLAYED on the nesting screen unless I  manually go through each of the developed parts by using "edit development" funtion to bring those notches out prior maunal nest or autonesting.

Am I missing a function or there  is more tweaking before I can actually use this piece of software?

This is causing a great inconvenience in the past 2 years for my CAD team, ever since I have migrated from the old PM2000.

Any ideas?

PS. This is no longer a random issue, this occurs to me 100% each time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report