Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lap seam on collars missing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
623 Views, 4 Replies

Lap seam on collars missing

Hi

Does anyone have this issue.

EG: for a reducer the collar has no Lap seam allowance the body does same for SQ-R but a collar on its own has the lap seam.

Thanks

Kel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nbaughman
in reply to: Anonymous

We have an alternate connector set up for a reducer. The large end (ussualy C1) since its the first end taken off and the majority of detailers do not draw from the grill back.

Our set-up is as follows:

Alternate seam for C1: "Bead-LE" (which has the lap set on the body not on the collar)

C2: "Bead" (lap set on the collar and not the body)

You also need to have your lap seam set in the spec table under round / fittings only / Collar. Or "All types" whichever you use.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean on the square to round. Are you talking about the lap for the body? or lap for the collar itself?

Post pictures and be sure to let me know if I need to clarify anything else.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: nbaughman

Thanks

Seams are fine on the body all fittings. It is the lap seam to assemble a collar that is missing this only happens on a reducing fitting type. Connectors are fine.

Kel

Message 4 of 5
davedykes
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Kel

The Seam that is applied to the collar is picked up by the Round Specification.  If you do not have anything in the Collar Field it will not apply it, or, if you are not using a valid round specification.

This has always been the case though I think personally there should be an overide on the pattern to apply a Collar Seam. Smiley Wink

Dave Dykes

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: davedykes

Thanks I will check that out

Kelvin Boyle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report