Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAMduct 2014 Australian Support

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
715 Views, 5 Replies

CAMduct 2014 Australian Support

Hi,

Looking for someone in Australia that supports Fabrication CAMduct 2014

If such a thing exists can you please reply

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

TSI (Technical Sales International) has staff in AUZ last I knew.  A lot of their global on-site CAM work is typically done by Ian Clemmett. He's based in the US but travels constantly.

If phone/Email based support is all you need, TSI or Enceptia (also in the US) can help you out.

What exactly are you needing support with?  XtraCAD.Com has a lot of power users than can help with almost anything.   Myself and a few others there are also versed on machine setup.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

TSI pulled out of Australia last year & we have yet to find anyone who provides support for CAMduct.

CADmep & ESTmep is no problem but CAMduct is the issue

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

What do you need help with?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Nothing at present, just want to know where future support is coming from

Thanks,

Matt
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

No problem. If your software is on Subscription and you're using 2013 or newer, non-pressing issues can be sent to Autodesk Support. They'll get routed to the team in the UK (Nicholas Hyland or David Dykes typically). They're top notch guys.  They'll bring in some of the other team (Jonathan Johnston) if needed. The head of development in the UK did refer me to TSI (Ian Clemmett) as he's the worlds foremost expert on CAMduct....seriously...he's that good.

For pressing issues, XtraCAD.Com is your best resource.  If you need an on-site person, Enceptia (Garrett Tice) and TSI are the only 2 I know of.  I'm certain that'll also do per-incident support if requested.  Advanced Cutting out of Alabama does support CAM for the tables they sell, I'm not sure if they are able to help with non-customers (who haven't purchased a table from them). They've been hesitant in the past w/us due to our CADmep integration w/CAM.

USCAD (California based) recently hired a great Fab guy from one of their customers but I believe his background is piping.

In AUZ, I really don't know who the players are and if TSI pulled out, I'm assuming there's nobody left. One of their real good guys went to work w/BSA a few years back. They might know if there's an independent guy in your neck of the woods or not.

I'll see if one of the couple contacts I have w/some AUZ companies know of anybody.

If you're getting new machinery in or doing a retrofit, you might want to consider having someone fly in at the same time unless you're comfortable with the integration. It's not hard but it is specialty knowledge that not a lot have. I came from the Mfg world so it's not that big a deal to me but even then, I can go a year between issues where that knowledge is used.  There's abount 3-4 regulars on XtraCAD that are VERY good. You typically need those types of guys to keep some of the machine dealers honest because most of their setup guys can hook the machine up but lack in advanced configuration on the controls or software side.  I'm going through a retrofit now and I've had to push back on several issues that were suggested where "on our end" via Software when they were related to the Hypertherm control setup. A number I just fixed myself on the control.

If anything major comes up, post to XtraCAD or even Email me direct and we'll help how ever we can.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report